Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Long Covid & ongoing worsening of peri/menopause symptoms on Evorel Sequi  (Read 1813 times)

kittywells

Oh - and for anyone else who find's this thread, Dr Sarah Glynne's work has been incredibly helpful - she is the only one who seems to be talking about the link between a long/difficult recovery from covid and women's hormone levels. Her articles and podcasts are linked at the bottom of her page, check them out  -
https://www.clairemellon.co.uk/dr-sarah-glynne

joziel

kittywells you can be on continuous HRT if you are peri. I am (age 44) because I have mild endo and endo sufferers need constant progesterone to oppose the estrogen or it can feed the endo.

The only problem might be unpredictable breakthrough bleeding, but you can't know in advance if you'll get that and I think there are also protocols where you can stop the progesterone for less than 2 entire weeks and still get your scheduled bleed. (Ie - stopping it for 3 days is still considered continuous.)

kittywells

ah, that's really useful thanks @joziel - fingers crossed I get some sensible advice from the GP
Pages: 1 [2]