Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Increased estrogen dose and bleeding  (Read 1098 times)

OllyO07

• First Flush
Increased estrogen dose and bleeding
« on: June 27, 2022, 09:09:21 PM »

Hi, I've been on Evorel Sequi 50 for almost a year and was noticing a return of symptoms so my GP has moved me to Estraderm 75 patches and 5mg Provera daily. That was about 2 weeks ago but I'm bleeding pretty heavily now. Is that just a short term side affect as was under the impression bleeding should stop under this new regime? Thanks

Floradora

Re: Increased estrogen dose and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 09:43:33 PM »

Any change in HRT regime, particularly an increase in estrogen, can cause irregular bleeding until things settle down and your body adjusts. I wouldn’t worry unduly at this stage as it’s only been a couple of weeks but if things persist I’d have a chat with your GP . It’s a big jump going straight from 50 to 75 , sometimes if you increase more gradually over a couple of weeks (by cutting a bit off the patch and working up to the full dose) you can minimise the bleeding problems while you adjust. X

joziel

Re: Increased estrogen dose and bleeding
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 02:09:25 PM »

As well as the increase in estrogen, you've also changed the progesterone there. So it's hard to know what's causing it. Because some progesterones work better than others - it's very variable dependent on the woman. If it doesn't settle down within 3 months, then you might need to increase or change your progesterone.