Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dry Vagina Help Please  (Read 2282 times)

Haydo

Re: Dry Vagina Help Please
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2022, 02:59:05 PM »

Yes, I did the two week load up but have found that I’ve only needed to take one a day since then. 

Tiredlady

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2022, 02:39:40 PM »

Hello Tired Lady. Are you using ovestin every day? I find that helps. Also, there is a supplement called seabuckthorn. I have found that to be the most useful thing for the dryness. I buy capsules from Holland&Barrets.

3 weeks is still early on in your treatment so do not worry. It can take time for the dryness to improve.

Nas

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2022, 04:39:41 PM »

Another sea buckthorn purchaser here!

I’m taking 2 tablets twice a day for 2 weeks. Then 2  once day ( I think).

Lyncola

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2022, 08:21:15 AM »

On the subject of Olive and Bee joziel does Yes OB works as a sex lube?
As well as using Olive and Bee at night before bed I use it as a lube for my dildo. I know that Olive and Bee is made for a natural  sex lube but can be use for vagina atrophy.
I would just like to say that I hadn’t had a VA flare up for over 14 months. I couldn’t understand why, then it clicked, my hubby had a major operation and no sex for ten weeks.
I found using a dildo if my husband is unavailable two times a week helps a lot. I wish it was a different story as I don’t like it when a doctor says use it or lose it, but it did make a difference with me

joziel

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2022, 09:25:49 AM »

Hi - there is a convo about this somewhere else recently (I think called vaginal dilators) - but yes I totally agree. I use a dilator twice a week with the 'use it or lose it' in mind. I also want to feel confident about pelvic exams and ensure smear tests remain easy and possible as I age and sticking a dilator up there a couple times a week for 10mins seems a relatively easy thing to do.

And yes, you can use the YES OB as lube for sex - I don't think it is condom-safe though, as any oil-based lube won't be - but you can put it up there, they actually make the same internal pre-loaded applicators they make for YES VM with YES OB, although I don't use those.

Tiredlady

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2022, 03:51:01 PM »

Hi Everyone, thanks so much for all the advice, really appreciated :)
So can I use vagifem and ovestin at the same time internally or just vagifem up there and ovestin everywhere else?
I laughed about the time thing yes its a really time consuming thing!!!
Also did I understand right did you find that sex helped, sorry I dont know how to quote people from here but a lady said it I think? Any other tips gratefully received, I will have a think about the sea buckthorn. I use Yes moisturiser, maybe I will give the oil base a go!!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2022, 03:59:27 PM »

So can I use vagifem and ovestin at the same time internally or just vagifem up there and ovestin everywhere else?
Also did I understand right did you find that sex helped, sorry I dont know how to quote people from here but a lady said it I think? Any other tips gratefully received, I will have a think about the sea buckthorn. I use Yes moisturiser, maybe I will give the oil base a go!!

To quote somebody you go to their post and there will be an option to click 'quote'. It is easier on a laptop then the phone.  :)

Vagifem is a pessary so can only be inserted. I would not insert ovestin at the same time but rather put it on the outer area. You can do this daily. 

julesella

• First Flush
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2022, 04:19:51 PM »

Can you use Vagifem with your patches? I use Fem Seven Conti (just started). I'm very in the dark about it all. I have heard that you can use Progesteron gel separately and just have estrogen patches which I think I would prefer, has anyone done this and could they help me out please if possible, I'm not sure whether its available on the NHS or not. Thanks a lot

pepperminty

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2022, 04:40:38 PM »

Can you use Vagifem with your patches? I use Fem Seven Conti (just started). I'm very in the dark about it all. I have heard that you can use Progesteron gel separately and just have estrogen patches which I think I would prefer, has anyone done this and could they help me out please if possible, I'm not sure whether its available on the NHS or not. Thanks a lot

Yes you can use vaginal estrogens with HRT. It is all available on the NHS. It is on the treatment tab at the top of he page.

Hope this helps

PM xx

joziel

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2022, 05:39:34 PM »

You don't need to use Vagifem and Ovestin internally at the same time, that would be overkill  ;D  You can use the Vagifem internally and the Ovestin externally. That's what I prefer to do. The Ovestin internally can be a bit messy because it comes out. It also contains chlorhexidine, which I'm not a fan of inserting into my vagina(!) because it's going to kill bacteria - including the good guys - and affect the microbiome. But it's good for externally if you have any discomfort.

And yes, sex (or dilators!) help keep everything functioning but it's got to be comfortable, you can't just make yourself stick things in there if it's hurting, that's going to do more harm than good. But once you've got everything feeling okay again with the local estrogen then putting stuff in there is going to help it all remain elastic and accommodating(!) - and orgasms also have health benefits, with or without penetration!

For sure I find the YES OB better than YES VM. It stays put for a whole day and everything glides about better. YES VM I just find wet externally and then it quickly comes off. But I like it internally, in the applicators.

julesella

• First Flush
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2022, 05:59:11 PM »

Yes you can use vaginal estrogens with HRT. It is all available on the NHS. It is on the treatment tab at the top of he page.

Hope this helps

PM xx

julesella

• First Flush
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2022, 06:02:02 PM »

Thank you, sorry I think I should have possibly posted this separately, have to work this out.
Pages: 1 [2]