Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Losing hope🥲  (Read 800 times)

sweettooth

Losing hope🥲
« on: July 01, 2022, 09:40:58 AM »

Dear mm ladies

I’m sitting here once again in tears.  Don’t feel there’s any hope for me.  I don’t know what anyone can do but I just wanted to get it out.  I feel vaccine and Covid have severely affected my estrogen or receptors and what cure is there? I’m suffering so much it’s unbearable sometimes. Raising E no good, reducing worse.  Iv lost myself.  Sooo exhausted in the mornings I have to rest up, body on the go but not anx myself though v low sometimes that I worry.
I have spells where I’m better and it lasts for about a week then it crashes again, sheer suffering.  I know others on here are struggling too, my heart goes out to you all ❤️❤️❤️

Flossieteacake

Re: Losing hope🥲
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 09:45:19 AM »

Sweettooth, I am so very sorry to hear how you are feeling. It is just awful to feel such fatigue and feel poorly. I was wondering if you could have long covid. I had long covid for about 6 months. I felt constant fatigue.

Marchlove

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 10:49:49 AM »

Hi Sweettooth,

I think you may well have an adrenal problem following covid/vaccine.

I test my cortisol and Dhea about twice a year. Tested in January and my cortisol was fine apart from slight lunchtime dip.

Got covid early May and once usual symptoms gone I continued with severe fatigue so I tested again. Guess what, my cortisol was practically nonexistent.

It sounds like you’re having a bit of a yo yo time, fine for awhile and then probably because of stress, inadequate rest your crashing again.

Could you afford to do a cortisol and Dhea saliva test, which will test 4 times a day?

I use this company which is uk based but they send it to the States to zrt labs to be tested and you get a full report. They are called
Hormone Lab uk (zrt labs)
If you Google them you can see a sample report.

In fact anyone continuing to suffer fatigue from long covid should try and take this test.

Hope this helps and good luck to you xx

joziel

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 07:00:51 PM »

sweettooth, do you have a long-Covid clinic near you which you could ask to be referred to? I think they are all over the country now.

Have you looked into histamine intolerance? I was just listening to this podcast about it: https://lizearlewellbeing.com/podcasts-videos/histamine-intolerance-with-dr-tina-peers/

It seems there is a lot of overlap with viral fatigue, not recovering fast from illnesses, and generally feeling rubbish - plus not being able to tolerate estrogen, because increasing estrogen also increases histamine.... There is an app you can download from the app store (for £2.50) which tells you which foods are okay and you can try it for 2 weeks and see if you feel better... something to do whilst you plan other things maybe? I'm going to give it a go.