Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: post meno ,does anyone take utrogestan 200mg on sequi regime ?  (Read 1129 times)

Friend of lhasaapso

Hello you lovely ladies !
  I'm currently taking evorel 25mcg and evirel 200mg for 12 days, although last month only managed 7 days felt do poorly.
  I'm 4 years post meno at 56  and it's been a roller coaster with the progesterone . I can't tolerate a higher oestrogen either and feel good on 25.
 However, ever month I dread taking the utro ;I have it on a sequi regime orally, but gp wants me to take continuous, which I just don't think I can do .
  I just don't know what to do as can't come off it atm.
  I know I'm progesterone intolerant,tried several.  I may try femseven again  but still made me tearful and swollen &worried about cancer .I have patches by the way .
  Also I thought utro was more "natural"so would be easier to tolerate ?!!
   I just wish it was simpler than this
    Can anyone suggest anything ? so fed up .

Friend of lhasaapso

Re: post meno ,does anyone take utrogestan 200mg on sequi regime ?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 11:35:31 PM »

Sorry about typos  predictive text !
Any one take just 100mg utro vaginally on sequi ?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 09:44:14 AM »

I was all set to answer the 200mg question! Yes, I do on a 6 week cycle, used vaginally. I think hurdity is on this too. There are some women who use 100mg vaginally but perhaps orally will be too little. I tried 100mg vaginally but didn't bleed so have stuck to 200mg. Anything off piste should really be with the agreement of your doc but the other option would be to arrange your own scan after a few months to check there has been no build up. Is there a reason you take it orally rather than vaginally?

Friend of lhasaapso

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 03:35:27 PM »

Hi Sheila, I take 200mg orally as that's what doc prescribed, but did try vaginally side effects were worse!

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 09:47:26 PM »

What side effects do you get? I get fatigue. I've never used it orally, I hadn't considered it might be better that way!

Friend of lhasaapso

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 09:11:36 PM »

Thanks for reply Sheila.
  The only reason I tried utrogestan, was because of this forum. My Gp started me on the sequi patches when I started hrt a few years ago.  I'm just really sensitive to the progesterone.  I can hardley function on them.  I put another post up after this one as felt so low this week,just after taking one night's 200mg utro!
  Thankfully feel better today as I just stopped them,had enough .
     No one replied to other post 😔 I felt almost suicidal, so low .
     I had some fem 7 conti patches in a drawer &decided to put one on instead today,so I have some progesterone this month &so far don't feel too bad .
     I think I'll just have to stick with fem 7 although the 50mcg of oestrogen was too much last time &still got pmt symptoms.