Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Estrogel and Utrogestan  (Read 879 times)

Mucha

Estrogel and Utrogestan
« on: June 27, 2022, 01:53:59 PM »

Hi everyone. I’m post menopausal and intact (no hysterectomy) and I was put on continual HRT (Estrogel and Utrogestan) in late November I believe 🤔).

Anyway, in late January I started to experience what I’m guessing was breakthrough bleeding. This has continued to happen roughly every two weeks ever since.

I spoke with my doctor who spoke to a gynaecologist. They said since the bleeding only started when I went on hrt it’s nothing to worry about unless it goes past six months.

Just recently I spoke to an hrt nurse who said if I am still experiencing the bleeding in June (which she considers six months) then to go back to my GP.

I spoke to my GP who referred me for an ultrasound scan. However, there were no appointments to be had so I’m now on a waiting list 😞

I know breakthrough bleeding can happen for up to six months so for me is that June or July considering how it began the very end of January for the first time? My husband insists it’s July but the nurse says June.

Whenever I get the bleeding I get cramps and lower backache. I’m also worried sick in case it’s something serious and I’m so tired right now I could cry (I’m taking Spatone, an iron supplement daily). It doesn’t help that I’m on an ultrasound waiting list.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 01:56:10 PM by Mucha »

Stella2

Re: Estrogel and Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 02:27:26 PM »

Hi Mucha,
I just wanted to let you know that I had bleeding 1 year after my last period and went to the hospital for a scan. Everything was fine. Apparently it happens to many women, the same as when starting the HRT. I am sure some more knowledgeable ladies here will help with their thoughts, but just to tell you that you are not alone. It is always good to check and it's good that you booked a scan. Take care.

Mucha

Re: Estrogel and Utrogestan
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 02:57:24 PM »

Thank you 🙂 I’m hoping I’m just sensitive to medications and it’s nothing to worry about. I’m glad your scan was okay x