Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Restarted femseven not working have they reformulated them?  (Read 1127 times)

Eggcustard

Hi,

I was on femseven 50 before the shortages and then switched to Evorel. Felt worse on Evorel so decided to try to go back to femseven. Applied first patch and they don’t seem to be doing anything at all, have hot flushes again etc.

How can this be possible? It’s the same dosage but not doing anything? Did the reformulate it does anyone know? Anyone else had similar problems?

I also have fibro and have been more active this week on new patch but they got the flushes etc back. I cant win! I’m either on a patch that works to stop flushes but too tired to function and miserable or on nothing or old patch and I have more energy and feel happier but then after a week can’t sleep at all because of hot flushes again.

The only thing that ever seemed to be vaguely ok was Livial, any reason why I cant be on that long term?

Thanks

Friend of lhasaapso

Re: Restarted femseven not working have they reformulated them?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 09:37:26 PM »

Hi eggcustard ! I saw no one had replied to your post,  so thought I'd share what I've experienced so you don't feel alone!
    My hrt journey has been a real faff too & not sure whether to pack it all in &just try to cope without for a while . It seems really tricky to get it just right .
    I know fem7 patches were off the market for a couple of Years as they weren't sticking properly &caused irritation,not sure about formulation.
      Maybe it's the changeover from evorel &you need to give new patches a bit longer to get in to your system ?
  For me I've tried most of the patches and some tablets, but I get pmt symptoms with all of them .
      The other day I decided after feeling almost suicidal &so ill with utrogestan that enough is enough & I'm going to try fem7 sequi again &if they're no good will have to quit  for good &just try to cope without. 
  I'm not sure about the living as have no experience with it .Could you nurse Oractitioner or Gp advise ?

Eggcustard

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 07:09:29 PM »

Thanks for the reply. It’s 5 days since I put the Evorel back on and I feel horrible again, depressed, tearful, headache, bloating, no energy but the flushes have gone and I did sleep.
So fed up of it all, GP is useless!

Friend of lhasaapso

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 09:36:31 PM »

I couldn't tolerate the progesterone in Evorel . The fem7 is supposed to be a better tolerated one I think .
    I know it can be a real pain getting the right one .
      Have you tried the separate everol alongside utrogestan? a lot of ladies on this forum take it .
Unfortunately, I've just stopped it ,as couldn't tolerate it due to very low mood,but it may suit you ,as we're all different.

Eggcustard

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 04:00:13 PM »

Hi, I’m on estrogen only so not sure what to do next really

Friend of lhasaapso

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 01:39:44 PM »

Hi   I've  just seen this reply ,didn't realise you were on oestrogen only .
  Maybe you need to give the patches longer to work,as docs usually say can take up to 3 months or longer to make a difference? or perhaps you need to increase the dose?