Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Brown discharge  (Read 780 times)

SaraC2773

Brown discharge
« on: June 25, 2022, 03:00:36 PM »

So another one of my "has anyone else had this questions!"

I have posted before about my lack of periods,  I went 11 months,  then 10 months and since December  I'm going every 3 months!

Anyway,  I think they are anovulatory cycles as I notice I have the ususal egg white discharge which happens for a week or two and then it will stop and litterally a few days later I'll have a bleed which is why I think I'm not ovulating.  Also the bleeds are much lighter than when I used to have periods and althought they still last several days I can get away with just pads.

So this month I had the egg white discharge for a couple of days then it stopped and on Monday I felt dreadful,  tired,  no energy woozy etc.  On Tuesday I awoke to find I had a fair amount of brown discharge come away.  I didn't think too much of it as I was kind of expecting a bleed,  had the usual sore boobs,  cramps,  feeling crap before a period feeling but then it stopped after 24 hours.  Again didn't think too much of it as this has been a pattern the last few period where I'll have a stop start period  but I've had nothing since and my disharge is back to normal white.

I've litterally had everything like I'm having a normal period.  Still been getting the cramps even when I wasn't bleeding,  the awful bloated belly that I get with periods which then went down overnight and today I've woken up with the most god awful headache which I quite often used to get at the end of a period.  I think they are hormonal as painkillers don't help much and they usually last a couple of days.

So everything ties in with having a period but just had a one day bleed!  It did change to a bit pinky for a while but by the Wednesday it was done.

Has anyone else had a 24 hour period before?

I've read quite a lot and my periods seem to tie in with the later stages of peri,  irregular, much lighter and  going months and months with nothing and now they seem to have setttled back to three month cycles.  I'm really hoping that I'm nearly done but still only 49 so aware I could have this for   a while yet!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Brown discharge
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 03:58:42 PM »

I had the brown discharge 2 days after my period stopped. I would bleed for 10 days, then stop for 2 then the brown discharge.  'normal for me' so I never worried.  Could it be  a lack of hormone to cleanse the womb completely ?

SaraC2773

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 12:26:20 PM »

I honestly don't know CLKD,  could be I guess?  It's so weird the few periods I've had over the last couple of years have been so light in comparison to what they used to be like but then from what I've read that's not unusual as you get further into peri.

I'd say my periods started going wonky way back in my late 30's  first they went from 28 days to 25 days and then I had the mid cycle spotting,  3 periods in 6 weeks,  skipping a couple of months then flooding. I also used to get light spotting a few days before I'd start then I'd have a full period stop for a day or two then have spotting again the brown stuff.

So all in all I've had just about every type,  just wondered if this was another peri symptom?

The other thing I thought is if oestrogen is very low which judging by the other symptoms I'm having -(feeling like I'm 90),  joints aching and literally feeling like I need oiling then maybe the lining just isn't buidling up so there's very little to shed??

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 12:51:15 PM »

Probably not enough oestrogen.

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.   It can also cause the body to become dry: inside and out.