Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Low Oestrogen?  (Read 1285 times)

Tora

Re: Low Oestrogen?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2022, 07:21:58 AM »

Morning.
5am wake up here with jitters and palps. First time in months.Run this morning was hard to complete, contemplated getting a tube home.
Reduced oestrogen 6 days ago, I’ll give it a few days more if I can.

joziel

Re: Low Oestrogen?
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2022, 10:51:22 AM »

Well, it's very reassuring to find others with the same experiences.

Nas, I'm 44yo and I'm peri. But I'm on continuous HRT due to having mild endo. Besides 100mg utrogestan I'm also taking the desogestrel POP to keep the endo quiet. It seems to be working as far as that goes. I feel like this is giant game of whack-a-mole: I lurch from one concern to another. At first it was chronic constipation. That resolved when I increased estrogen. Then it was endo waking up. That resolved when I re-started desogestrel. Now it's these blimming palpitations.... Will there come a point where I can just be a person again...!?

Before HRT, I had every symptom that exists: Vaginal dryness; headaches/migraines without aura; skipped beat palpitations; feeling jet-lagged/brain fog; couldn't concentrate or read or think; night sweats; ringing in my ears; constipation and flatulence; joint pain in hips, knees and hands if I didn't move for a while; no motivation and just feeling like I should sit at home rocking by the fire (metaphorically) until it's time to die. Which was ridiculous because I potentially am only halfway through my life, considering three of my grandparents lived to 94!

ALL that has gone, except for the joint pain. Which has improved a lot but is still there a little and I hope will go even more when I get my estrogen up a bit (only at 233nmol on 50 patch). And I still have some flatulence(!), but I think that's now caused by the progesterone and I can live with it.

So the idea of going back to all that is just unthinkable and I have to deal with palps a couple times a week I guess.  :(

Marchlove, this wasn't happening before HRT so I don't think it's cortisol or something else, unless HRT is causing that to work differently.

Pippa52, that sounds exactly like what I'm dealing with really. I've also tried various apps for medication and breathing (Headspace for meditation and Breathwrk for breathing) and I feel like it maybe just helps a teeny bit but not really.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 10:53:43 AM by joziel »
Pages: 1 [2]