Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Covid fourth booster  (Read 718 times)

Sheri

Covid fourth booster
« on: June 24, 2022, 06:06:09 PM »

I will know soon if i can have the fourth booster. Its been a hard fight to get one as i am on long term steriods but now on a low stable dose of 5mg but at times i was on as high as 40mg which would've put me in the immunosuppressed category.
My cf team want me boostered as being on steriods for over 25yrs , my immunity will not be up to scratch.
I'm concerned about the blood clot side effects of covid vaccine & now more so being on HRT. Even though the risks are negligible on the HRT patch (or so I'm told by gynae).
I will obvs declare my HRT to the vaccinator but I'm sure it will be ok, right?
This is not my anxiety causing my concern just want to make all complications are kept to a minimum.
Ps, I've also been told i need my polio vaxx as i haven't had it. My mum didn't take apparently. Not happy.

joziel

Re: Covid fourth booster
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 06:15:17 PM »

If you're on transdermal HRT, there is no increased risk of clot at all. So you're fine from that perspective.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 06:18:06 PM »

Polio is rife in London water apparently  :-\. Parents apparently are unable to find out if their children had the poliomyelitis vaccine   >:(.  Don't they keep records themselves, Mum was given a card for each jab that we had to suffer.  The bottom of my foot still has it's dimple from the diphtheria  ::)

What I would suggest is that you don't have both close together. 

Sheri

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 06:37:36 PM »

I'm waiting on GP to go through my records but it was flagged up with my cf centre. I'm not too worried about polio but if they say to have it, i will.
Thanks joziel,  i would like the reassurance of having the fourth booster esp with cases rising again but not too bothered as omicron seems much milder. I know a few people incl my son & all we ok after few days.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 08:17:43 AM »

I believe that when visiting certain countries 1 requires a polio booster. 

joziel

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 11:09:50 AM »

I've only had my initial 2 doses of Covid vaccine (Astra Zeneca). I didn't go for my booster and now I only have another week before they stop offering it in my area. So I'm trying to decide whether to go get it next week or whether I don't have enough going on with my health at the moment in settling on HRT, to throw more potential chaos into the mix.

Aprilflower

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 06:10:03 PM »

I believe that when visiting certain countries 1 requires a polio booster.

A very few do, but only if you are entering from an 'at risk' country.  As far as I am aware those are just Afghanistan and Pakistan.