Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: It’s all come back  (Read 1466 times)

Spangles

It’s all come back
« on: June 24, 2022, 07:57:25 AM »

Hi Ladies,
I’ve not had a bleed for like almost 3 years now. Stopped HRT 3 years ago too.
The past couple of months I have declined, initially I thought it was my mental health playing up again, but my vagina is literally bone dry, my skin is dry, poor sleep, very achy joints. This tells me it’s proper my hormones making my MH play up again! I just feel like I’m going through peri again. Can anybody relate to this?
Thanks
Spangles xXx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: It’s all come back
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 07:58:38 AM »

Morning.  What are u using for the vaginal atrophy?  Local replacement oestrogen can really help: 'ovestin' or 'vagifem' are usually prescribed, some find that they need 'yes' or 'sylc' moisturisers too.

As oestrogen levels drop off the body may become dry, inside and out. 

Spangles

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 08:09:10 AM »

Hi CLKD,
That sounds good but trying to get a go appointment is so difficult, unless you’re dying!
Just don’t know where to go from here.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 08:41:40 AM »

Ring your Surgery this morning and ask for a prescription for 'vagifem' or 'ovestin' - the first is a pellet to insert into the vagina; I use the latter, inserted into the vagina with an applicator which requires washing after use.  The GP doesn't need to do an exam. nor do you need blood tests for vaginal atrophy.  If they insist on an exam tell them that you want an appt. today or at the latest on Monday.  Many GPs do not recognise atrophy  :-\

DH and I use Nivea for any dry areas on our legs, toes, scalp, ears ....... I find 'vaseline' hand cream works too. 

Let us know how you get on.  If you can get to your Surgery to discuss, even better ;-).