Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Advice needed please  (Read 853 times)

Bandango42

Advice needed please
« on: June 24, 2022, 06:52:47 AM »

Hi all
I'm new here, just started HRT. Been on Evorel 25 patches and 200mg daily of utrogestan for a month now. I have a question - I'm supposed to take the utrogestan for days 15-26. When I started, I asked the doctor what day 1 of my cycle would be as wasn't having periods. He said day 1 is the day you put your first patch on. Day 26 was yesterday, and my last dose of utrogestan for this cycle. My question is, is today day 1 again? Or is day 1 the day my period starts? As its my first month on this I'm not even sure I'll have a period yet! If anyone can advise that would be great. Many thanks x

Dotty

Re: Advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 07:46:55 AM »

Hi the easiest way is to start the Utrogestan on the same day every month.

Bandango42

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 08:02:16 AM »

Thank you. Sorry to be dim, but do you mean if I started the progesterone on the 12th of this month, start taking it on the 12th of every month going forward?

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 08:43:31 AM »

Hi yes that’s right . If you started it on 12th of this month, then start it on 12th of every month. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 08:46:19 AM »

Hi not dim at all!  Nowt is taboo on here .... so ask away.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

We talk about most things here, including menopause ;-).  Browse round.

Bandango42

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 09:00:27 AM »

That's brilliant, thanks so much! This forum is great, I've already found some really interesting stuff. HRT seems to be a minefield, hoping I'll start to feel better soon ☹️ x