Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Switching to / from Lenzetto / equivalent doses  (Read 1060 times)

Gilla999

Switching to / from Lenzetto / equivalent doses
« on: June 23, 2022, 10:39:24 AM »

It's looking likely that I'm going to have to trial switching from Lenzetto to something else, as I'm still suffering from severe/chronic urticaria and angioedema and need to start eliminating potential causes. I currently take 4 sprays of Lenzetto and I'm trying to work out what would be a viable alternative and dose to switch to. There is a lot of conflicting data and personal experiences out there! Has anyone moved to or from Lenzetto with any feedback to share? Dreading even more upheaval....  :'(

violetbat

Re: Switching to / from Lenzetto / equivalent doses
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 04:41:54 PM »

HI. I was put on lenzetto when there was no gel available. I had just upped to 4 pumps a day and felt quite stable. The lenzetto was a disaster for me. All symptoms returned even on 6 sprays a day. I am now on patches (100) and am feeling much calmer, the night sweats back down to one a night.

Pippa52

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 07:43:35 PM »

Hi Gilla 999
Yes I was on Lenzetto for about a year but it just didn't work well in the end for me.  As it happened it became unavailable anyway and I was switched on to Evorel patches which gave me the worst migraines I have ever had.  I had a telephone consultation with a Meno consultant and she switched me on to Estradot patches which I have now been on for 3 weeks and am just beginning to feel better and actually get some proper sleep for the first time in months.  I was on 2 sprays of Lenzetto and originally was told Estradot 75 but found the dose was too much for me and am now on the 50 patches and fingers crossed beginning to improve but I won't celebrate for several months till I know they are actually going to continue to work well plus there is now a shortage of Estradot so I am praying I won't have to change yet again!  Good luck with finding one that suits you - it's such a roller coaster and a lot of trial and error but for me the patches seem to give a more level dose throughout the day than Lenzetto did. It seemed to me that the Lenzetto dosage is a bit weaker than the gel or the patches.

Gilla999

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 05:34:42 PM »

Thanks Pippa this is really helpful. Going on the BMS and Louise Newsom's literature I had been thinking 4 sprays = 1 x 25 patch + 1 x 37.5 patch of Estradot. I know it will be annoying to have 2 patches on but I think a 75 might be too much for me if I'm on 4 sprays. I'm keen not to take my Estrogen higher than I need to because I know I have an awfully difficult time lowering it once I'm on it.

As you rightly say it is so much trial and error. I'm really glad to hear you're starting to feel a little better, keeping my fingers crossed that it continues. I really hope the shortage doesn't affect you - as if we don't have enough to contend with!

Pippa52

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 09:47:57 PM »

Hi Gilla

I read on the BMS site that they reckon a 50 patch = 3 sprays of Lenzetto but I was only 2 sprays and the 75 patch was way too much oestrogen for me personally.  For me I found that Lenzetto was not as strong as the patches are but it does seem people absorb oestrogen differently and at different rates as well so it really is trying to find out which dose suits you personally.  Thanks so much for your kind words and I really hope that you can find the right dose for you. At least with the patches they can be cut if the dose it too high whereas with Lenzetto apart from taping over the nozzle of the spray (not hugely accurate) there was no other way to change the dosage in smaller ways.  The shortage of HRT is a nightmare none of us need as changing treatments always takes time to re-adjust to and when you have found something and a dose that suits you it's just beyond frustrating to be told that treatment is not available :(  Fingers crossed for you xxx