Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to forum  (Read 649 times)

Jax

• First Flush
New to forum
« on: June 25, 2022, 07:52:53 AM »

Hi I have been on kilovance for the past year is anyone else taking this tablet and can they share how they feel. Thinking of going private not sure where to go havent seen doctor since I  got first prescription during first covid outbreak with a phone call.   Live in Scotland so not able to have same hrt as England.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to forum
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 07:58:49 AM »

Morning.

Tell us more: your age, how your periods behave, whether you have had improvement with the Kilovance.

Some find that keeping a food/symptom/mood diary of use to chart progress.  Browse round.  Ask away.

Jax

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 12:53:59 PM »

Age 54 last period February 2020 started on everol patches improvement on hot flushes night sweats, mood, get up and go. No libido changes. Year later flushes night sweats low mood returned changed to everol conti 3 months on that no changes went onto kilovance last year. It was good to start with but last few weeks tearful, anxious, nervous, low mod and energy feel prone to injury . Still no libido. I did start taking 1.5 tablets to see if that helps no joy. Use the balance app to track mood etc. My fitness pall for food. Garmin for steps and exercise. Haven't had a face to face with a doctor all over the phone.

joziel

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 12:59:07 PM »

You probably need more estrogen if you're finding it isn't really getting rid of your symptoms.

Not sure what strength your Everol was, probably 50mcg? Evorol Conti is 50mcg. Kliovance is just 1mg of estrogen, which is the equivalent of a 25mcg patch - so you've actually seen your estrogen reduced there instead of increased.

It doesn't sound like your GP knows what they are doing as instead of increasing your estrogen, they are just switching you around to different products with either the same amount of estrogen or even less!!

I think in Scotland on the NHS, I'm not sure you have access to the micronised progesterone (for some reason). You will if you go private... even in Scotland.

Go back to 50mcg patch or gel and progesterone and then increase to 75 after a few weeks and see if you feel better then... you might even need 100, many women do.

Jax

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 06:06:43 PM »

Thanks I will let you know how it goes.