Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Blood form from GP  (Read 731 times)

Sheri

Blood form from GP
« on: June 25, 2022, 02:16:10 PM »

I've finally found a blood form that my GP requested. Unfortunately, it was given to me over 2 months ago - i know i should've sorted it out sooner but I've had so much going on with diabetes review, cf annual review, gynae reviews & rheumatology review, all requiring bloods aswell - that i forgot.
I've booked in for blood tests this Thursday & I'm wondering if there's an expiry date? Obvs there's not one on the form.
GP hasn't followed up asking why i haven't had bloods but I'd like to get them done as its checking my vitamin levels & liver function.

Cazikins

Re: Blood form from GP
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 02:43:28 PM »

Where are you booked in to have the tests, your GP or your local hospital?
I'd telephone your surgery just to double check, but please don't try to phone in the morning when they are busy.
Cazikins x

SaraC2773

Re: Blood form from GP
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 02:49:55 PM »

Hi Sherl,

I think it's months.

I only say this as someone who has an intense fear of blood tests and I remember having to ring up once and ask whether it was ok to use the same form I'd been given months before.  I was told as long as it was within the last 6 months they'd accept it.

That was pre-covid so I guess possible it may have changed but I know my Dad has to have blood tests every couple of months and they usually give him a few forms in one go.

Sara x