Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Coil fitting for hrt - tilted womb  (Read 972 times)

Sarahjaynexo

Coil fitting for hrt - tilted womb
« on: June 22, 2022, 07:40:24 PM »

Went to have the mirena fitted and came out with kyleena. Apparently I have a tilted womb and mirena wouldn't fit.

I'm worried as I might not be getting enough progesterone as the kyleena has a lower dose. Would I have to take extra progesterone? I suffer with migraines and chose mirena as I thought it would save me taking patches / uttogestan 😭 I could cry!

Nas

Re: Coil fitting for hrt - tilted womb
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 08:15:30 PM »

What did the nurse say?
I would imagine you would be covered with the coil you have, otherwise they wouldn’t exist.

Give it a go and see how you get on  :)

joziel

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 12:08:21 PM »

What you could do, is ask for an ultrasound after about 6 months and again maybe a year later - just to check that your uterus lining is still thin. If it is, you are getting enough progesterone.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 12:17:14 PM »

SaraC2773

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 03:13:02 PM »

I have a tilted womb and had a mirena.  I don't have it anymore as it caused me to spot constantly but my GP did it with not too much trouble.

I sometimes have trouble with smears,  always have to make a fist into my lower back which seems to help but apparently my cervix likes to hide which I think is to do with the tilt.

Can they refer you to the hospital to have it done as they can do it,  possibly just needs someone more experienced?

Cazikins

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 03:18:36 PM »

I'm the same as SaraC773, & I agree.
It shouldn't make much difference if you have a tilted womb. I also make a fist to help with the insertion.
Where did you have this procedure done & by whom hospital/G.P.