Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Had enough of utrogestan feel so ill today 😪  (Read 1659 times)

Friend of lhasaapso

Had enough of utrogestan feel so ill today 😪
« on: June 27, 2022, 03:41:29 PM »

Day 1 this month of utrogestan feel so ill after only one night. I could scream,cry ,and feel so nauseous, just want to sleep .
      I'm going to have to stop ,I've given it a good try &can't take it any more .
      Does anyone use fem7 sequi who's post meno ? I still got side effects,but nothing like this .

Friend of lhasaapso

Re: Had enough of utrogestan feel so ill today 😪
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 09:42:17 PM »

Anyone else had this experience?I felt almost suicidal on utrogestan 200 on Sunday night /all day Monday, very poorly ! I also take evorel 25mcg. 
My post seems to have been missed &no-one replied 😢 felt very alone .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 09:49:37 PM »

I would stick to your thread as obviously no one is reading this  :-\.  Too many posts on similar subjects tend to become lost.

Sorry you feel so ill.

Marchlove

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 09:53:50 PM »

Yes this happened to me. You’ll have to stop for now and regroup.
Because it’s happened so quickly I think that’s the best thing to do.
Try and get an appointment with your Gp to discuss a way wire arc with a different regime and progesterone

X

Perinowpost

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 07:48:49 AM »

Hi FOL

A few things I usually find the first day is worse but then my body accepts it and I can manage 7/8 days before it builds up in my system and becomes too much. Maybe try again and see how you feel on day 2.

Secondly you’re on a very low dose of oestrogen, why only 25? 50 is an average dose and you may be more balanced if you up your oestrogen.

Also how do you take it? Vaginally is supposed to give less side effects than orally (although this is off licence of course), but it is how many of us do it.

Finally, if you are progesterone intolerant it’s a difficult one but there are other types of prog for you to try. Unfortunately though I have to say I have found utrogestan to be the best of a bad bunch x

Friend of lhasaapso

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 01:06:47 PM »

Thanks for replying Perin!
  I've been on utrogestan for last couple of years &not felt as low as I did on monday .
   I've been on 25 mcg as 50 was too much &I had palpitations &felt wired.
    I stopped utro on Monday night ,had a night off & now have put on fem 7 conti patch ,so I have some progesterone this month. Unfortunately it inly cones in a 50,so will see how I go .
   The suicidal feeling I had on sun/Mon was so frightening I don't ever want that again!

Perinowpost

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 01:52:13 PM »

Sometimes increasing oestrogen too quickly can be the problem. Let’s hope Femseven works for you, let us know how you get on x

Friend of lhasaapso

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 09:40:52 PM »

I've come full circle as started on fem7 first,then evorel sequi, then evorel &utro!
  If this doesn't work may have to come off altogether &cope again with the crippling fatigue  :'(

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 10:10:59 PM »

Could you cut a piece off the 50 patch if you find it too much? If your own production is still reducing you may find it better now than previously.

Wennywizz

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2022, 11:37:21 AM »

Hey,
I am a newbie on here but have been on HRT for over 6 years!
I am 52 and have been using evorel Congo patches for the majority of that time. I tried a year without but felt terrible so went back on it with GP advice. I haven’t had a period for 7-8 years.
I have borderline osteoporosis which I take high dose calcium for so need my oestrogen!
I have recently had return of symptoms of aching hips, extremely itchy legs and pubic area which is driving me insane especially at night.
My Gp has prescribed a change to a evorel 50 for oestrogen and ustrogen tabs 100mg which I am due to start tomorrow…

My question is…
Has anyone had success with this change ? I am terrified by what I read about side effects and do not want weight gain as I put on stone since post meno!

TIA x 

sheila99

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2022, 07:28:30 AM »

Many people use utrogeston. Like any product a few people will have bad side effects but most are perfectly OK. Unless she's going to increase oestrogen I'm not sure there'll be any benefit though.
And I'd like a Congo patch, sounds a bit exotic!