Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: What to do next.......  (Read 678 times)

mandss

What to do next.......
« on: June 21, 2022, 10:07:27 AM »

I have been on Evorel Conti patch for 7 months but felt that I needed a stronger dose. My GP has advised me that this is not possible due to there only being one strength on patch. I thought there were various strengths available. I was starting to feel really low, hot all the time and my body ached from head to toe. So I have cut a patch in half and added it to my existing patch. Within days I am feeling so much better!!
GP wants a face to face to discuss options going forward but I am now so confused. I am not having another coil as bled continuously on the last one. What are my choices ladies???

Dotty

Re: What to do next.......
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 10:18:01 AM »

Hi you can have an oestrogen only patch with Utrogestan. Or an oestrogen gel with Utrogestan.

mandss

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 10:20:12 AM »

Dotty, you are a genius...thank you, I will consider that option.xx

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 07:05:35 AM »

My understanding Is that you can add a oestrogen only patch alongside the conti as the is enough progesterone to cover an increase

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 08:16:35 AM »

I'm not sure this has been tested. My understanding (though I may not be right) is that if you're adding a patch it should be a conti one as the prog is balanced to the amount of oestrogen. Using an oestrogen only patch alongside utrogeston is probably the best option but if you add an extra oestrogen only patch to your current regime perhaps have a scan in a few months to check there's no thickening.