Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estradot or Evorel  (Read 1074 times)

Trixiebell

Estradot or Evorel
« on: January 25, 2022, 12:39:13 PM »

Hi , I’ve been using Oestrogel or a number of months & after a routine was told by my menopause Dr that although I’m on four pumps I’m not absorbing it well so she recommended Estradot 100 I’ve just been to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription & I’ve been given Everol
I know that Estradot is soy and everol yam but other than that should I chase it up ? Is there a difference in ingredients

Amazing grace

Re: Estradot or Evorel
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 03:22:23 PM »

Other than the soy, yam ingredient there's really not much difference, other than the size of the patch, estradot are very small and stick extremely well, they also have a softer surface which doesn't go hard and stiff after bathing where has I found with everol they do go hard and almost crinkled after bathing/showering, everol patches are huge in comparison, and don't stick aswell in my experience, I've been on both and dispite the size I preferred everol, estradot unfortunately gave me too many side effects that I couldn't tolerate, it's different for everyone, try the everol and see how you go, you can always request estradot if you don't like /get on with them.

Trixiebell

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 04:09:02 PM »

Thankyou so much for all the info amazing grace , I’m still pretty much new to HRT
I’d got so used to Estrogel although it takes take a lot of faffing around in the morning waiting for it to dry .
I’ll give the Everol a go although I agree the patches are huge 🙈

Clarella

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 03:44:29 PM »

Hello, I’m in a similar situation, from estradot to everol.

Besides the size of the patch have you noticed any difference?

joziel

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 04:26:28 PM »

Besides being bigger the Evorel ones anecdotally don't stick as well as the Estradot. But many women are fine with them.

violetbat

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 04:44:04 PM »

I am on my 4th evoral patch. I have worked out a way to make it stick and it's great not to have to remember gel everyday. The size is a bit annoying though. The chemist gave me this as the one prescribed was not available ( what is available these days?)