Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New on HRT n feel dreadful  (Read 2144 times)

Ann Lockett

New on HRT n feel dreadful
« on: June 20, 2022, 05:59:42 PM »

Hi ladies I’m 62 n tried lots of different HRT a few years ago n failed, Dr has now put me on Eva Conti 50 been on them a week and feel dreadful, massive migraine, brain fog, face swelling.  Think I may be reacting to the progesterone in them as always had severe PMT.  Is there anyone that got through this and if so any suggestions!!!!! I’m at my wits end with this now and gone back on patches as a last resort as got memory loss no bladder control and hair falling out  >:( any one take anything combat the side effects of progesterone xxxx

Flossieteacake

Re: New on HRT n feel dreadful
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 06:11:44 PM »

Hello Ann. I was just wondering if you are also using topical oestrogen cream for your bladder? Ovestin and vagifem are ideal for this.

I am sorry to hear how poorly you are feeling after being on these patches. Hopefully somebody can advise you on that.

Ann Lockett

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 07:48:28 PM »

Hi Flossie tea cake I am getting some but was not sure if I could use it at the same time as the patches

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 08:35:22 PM »

Hi Flossie tea cake I am getting some but was not sure if I could use it at the same time as the patches

Yes you can. Its very mild. I use ovestin cream every day. They say use it daily for 2weeks then twice a week. I find it best to use daily when symptoms are bad.

Marchlove

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 09:47:08 PM »

Hi Ann

Starting hrt can be a massive shock to you body even if you been on it before,
I think it’s best to start low and go slow.
Can you gp put you on a lower dose patch for awhile, to see if you can get your body to acclimatise?

You might be able to cut that particular patch in half but I don’t know so you’ll have to search the threads on here.
X

Bindi

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2022, 01:38:15 PM »

I am new to but i am on ovestin cream its my last day of loadup.2wks .but it has changed my life not in a big way but do i feel close to normal again yep..im new at it ..but told my dr i dont want to do the whole hrt thing yet..so for me ovestin has worked  VA is better,headaches are better,blood pressure drops are better,mood is better tummy issues are a little better to ,..my biggest  decision at the moment is going to be working out my matinence dose ..as i hate taking meds..but i hate what meno is doing to..its scares me..but we hang in there and for me this group has been comforting mentaly so thankyou MM ..J

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 01:52:54 PM »

You could try long cycle sequi instead (6 week cycle). You may need gel/utro for this. I get fatigue on utro so intend to take it this way for as long as I'm on hrt.

Usually it's the progestin that's the problem so you may find you're OK using conti with a different type.

ange63

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2022, 06:42:27 AM »

Bindi, can I just clarify something with you.  Are you on Ovestin gel or the topical cream for VA.   You seem to be getting good response to this and want to be clear what you are using......  I thought local applications worked lcoally but you seem to be getting wider improvements.. thank you.x

Mojomo

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2022, 12:10:56 PM »

Hi Ann

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with getting your HRT right for you  :(

I'm 59 and only been on it for 9 months. It's taken 8 months to figure it out and no doubt it will change again over time? I was not doing well on HRT either and my GP wanted to insert a Mirena as she thought it was probably side effects of Progesterone. I decided to play about with my own dosage and discovered it was the estrogen that was too high and I don't have any side effects with Utrogestan (when taken vaginally). Evorel 50 was just a bit too high and Evorel 25 just a bit too low. Estradot 37.5 seems to have hit the spot. My GP is not convinced that 12.5mcg can make much difference but it does for me (I'm actually quite nice to be around now, I was horrible to everyone before!!). I really hope you find something that works for you.

x

Bindi

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2022, 11:33:03 AM »

Hi angel63 i did reply hun but i was still trying to work the replys and done it in your chat i think lol sry hun.it was to much to write again lol from what everyone is trying to tell me im j ust getting old  ;) at least my sense of humour is back after 4 1/2 long yrs so im feeling better lol

Poppy61

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 02:53:28 PM »

Hello Ann I had a few nasty side effects when I started HRT in March of this year (I'm 61). Discovered on this site, that too much oestrogen can produce the same meno symptoms as not enough . I cut my 50 patch in half and gradually built up to 3/4 and then finally applied the whole 50 patch again. HRT is now working very well for me, but I had to be patient. Also now use Vagifem and appointment with Dr soon to discuss testosterone. I tried HRT 4 years ago and after 3 weeks of bliss, had what seemed to be an allergic reaction; burning mouth, tongue, extremely painful nose. I thought it was a histermine reaction, but no one agreed with me. This time, so far, taking it slowly to begin with is working. Keep persevering (I wish I had the first time) and good luck. X