Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: First day with patches today  (Read 1380 times)

Luna123

First day with patches today
« on: June 21, 2022, 11:14:06 AM »

After having loads of menopause symptoms for a while, I am on my first day with patches. Been reading through leaflet with possible side effects, and I am absolutely gobsmacked( there are so many!), for some reason I thought it would be less side effects by using patches instead of taking tablets. My doctor told me all about the sideeffects but reading it makes it more real. How many of you got the side effects and did it change your mind about continuing with tablets/patches?

Flossieteacake

Re: First day with patches today
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 11:16:15 AM »

Hello Luna. I advise you not to worry about the leaflet for the side effects as everybody is different and some will not get any. Have you ever seen the leaflet that comes with paracetamol? The list if side effects is huge. There is every chance you will not get any side effects. For me, the side effects I have with patches are swollen breasts. That is not so bad.  :)

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 11:31:29 AM »

The Patient Information Leaflet is out of date and refers to old style oral HRT. They put the same thing in all the products, even local treatments like Vagifem and Ovestin. There are moves afoot to get it changed, but that could be a long way off.

Patches are considered "safer" as transdermal administration bypasses the liver, although that is not to say that the current oral treatments are in any way "unsafe".

Hope you get on well with your patches!

JP x

Luna123

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 01:20:58 PM »

Hello Luna. I advise you not to worry about the leaflet for the side effects as everybody is different and some will not get any. Have you ever seen the leaflet that comes with paracetamol? The list if side effects is huge. There is every chance you will not get any side effects. For me, the side effects I have with patches are swollen breasts. That is not so bad.  :)

I will try not to worry about the side effects  :)