Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Burning Feet Syndrome  (Read 1465 times)

Marchlove

Burning Feet Syndrome
« on: June 20, 2022, 04:49:10 PM »

Hi All, 

I’ve spent the last couple of years with this symptom and and at last I think I’m getting to the bottom of it.

I’ve been told it was due to lymes disease, then vitamin B6 deficiency and then hypothyroidism.

Now, I’ve found this

https://www.racgp.org.au/getattachment/a9867294-c8fc-4586-9301-fed416d14cba/20031218makkar.pdf

I have not in the past been able to tolerate taking b vitamins (vitamin B6 makes me irritable), so I’ve decided to take all the B’s apart from B6 separately. Bit of a pain!

I’m going to mention it to my GP, but don’t think he’ll be interested, certainly don’t think he’ll do intravenous, but you never know!

Just thought this might prove useful to others in the same situation.
X

Mummytron

Re: Burning Feet Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 08:43:53 PM »

Interesting,
I have swollen feet and ankles in the heat but it leaves me with what I call mild pins and needles on the souls of my feet. I dont take vitamins though.

Marchlove

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 09:09:21 PM »

Are this pins and needles worse at night? Mine are x

Mummytron

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 09:31:15 PM »

I've had it all day but must admit, I've come to bed early because its worse now.

Marchlove

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 09:39:12 PM »

Might be worth you trying a B vitamin complex.
Mine can be quite severe, like I’m stood on top of an aga sometimes! But usually always at night as the article says. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2022, 08:13:09 AM »

It also might be the brain mis-interpreting signals, I've read "The Man Who Tasted Words" recently; there's a bit in it about altered sensations.  The book is quite technical in places  ::)

ATB

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2022, 08:22:13 AM »

I’ve never heard of this condition, is it really painful? How awful. Interesting you can’t tolerate B6, I can’t take multi B vitamins either because I’m sensitive to niacin ( B3 ) and experience ‘niacin flush’ if I take it.

Marchlove

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2022, 09:13:25 AM »

I’m ok with niacin ATB, yes I get the flush but after a few days it stops.
If you increase the dose it starts again for a few days and so on.

There’s a long thread on Every Woman over 29, regarding B6 causing irritability in some, but nobody seems to know why!

It’s very uncomfortable, not take a pain killer level of pain. Bizarrely if I wake up in night and pain comes after about an hour I always manage to go back to sleep afterwards, if the pain doesn’t come I can’t. So it has its uses!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2022, 09:32:47 AM »

VitB12 should not be taken if someone is taking very old types of Anti-depressant medication as it affects up take.  mayB consider what else you take during the week?

Marchlove

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2022, 09:42:14 AM »

Thanks CKLD, no not taking any AD’s.

ATB - the theory iabout the flush is the more deficient you are in niacin the more you flush initially.  It’s harmless and will stop happening the more you take it.
This has certainly been my experience x

ATB

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2022, 10:19:25 AM »

When I looked into it, I learnt that it was the high dose that’s the issue. The flushing will keep happening if you keep taking a high dose quick release version, which are often included in the multi. Taking a lower dose slow release eliminates the flush, but it’s taken separately and you need a multi for the others that doesn’t contain the niacin. I don’t think I need a b multi anyhow but just in case others were wondering.

Marchlove

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2022, 11:17:41 AM »

Yes it might do if you stay on high dose. I never get a flush now nor does my hubby and that’s on the quick release.

ATB

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2022, 11:27:48 AM »

We only need a small amount anyway of B3 so I think some of those Multi’s are a waste too, way higher doses than we ever need ( I used to work for a supplement company! The money they make! ). I just looked at the studies on it to figure it out.

Marchlove

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2022, 11:31:04 AM »

Yep, I agree doses are to high in most of them x

Clarella

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2022, 07:51:06 PM »

I was diagnosed with burning foot syndrome (except it was hands too) and it resolved when I corrected thyroxine and started hrt. Gp recently said it  was linked to Raynauds which is agree with. But I came across the b6 thing on the way. There is a complex without (sorry I can’t remember the name)
Pages: [1] 2