Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Scan Update and a Question.  (Read 679 times)

Kathleen

Scan Update and a Question.
« on: June 19, 2022, 05:58:43 PM »

Hello ladies.

I have had a fair bit of spotting and then bleeding whilst on 2 sachets of Sandrena gel plus Cyclogest, half a pessary alternate nights plus  Androfeme daily.  This regime was prescribed by Newson Health and my next appointment is later this month. I was becoming more and more worried about the bleeding but fortunately the scan I had last week showed a normal uterus with lining of only 2mm. I was mightily relieved and I wanted to reassure people that bleeding isn't necessarily a sign of anything sinister.

I have a question though ladies and I would appreciate your thoughts. I am still experiencing emotional issues and mood swings which I thought were signs of low oestrogen but I also have bleeding and very tender breasts which I believe are signs of too much Oestrogen. Is it possible to experience symptoms of high and low Oestrogen at the same time? I just can't get my head around it! I am happy to lower my HRT to resolve the physical problems but I really don't want to become even more emotionally wobbly.

Any ideas ladies?  Has anyone else been in the same situation and found a solution?

I will also ask my doctor about this and I will of course update the forum but any comments from you lovely lot would be most welcome.

Take care everyone.

K.

sheila99

Re: Scan Update and a Question.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 06:27:20 PM »

How long have been this regime for? Some people get tender breasts when the increase oestrogen, they seem to need a slower build up. Often it is from too much. Some people get it from progesterone.
 Assuming no other cause of bleeding it's usually too little progestin for the oestrogen dose you're on though given the thickness this seems unlikely. You can also bleed from endometrial atrophy where the lining gets too thin. I don't know if 2mm is considered too thin or not.

Katherine

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 07:01:49 PM »

Hi, I had tender breasts for the first few months of taking oestrogen but then that side effect disappeared and is no longer an issue. X

Kato

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 07:48:17 AM »

I had tender breasts after about 6 months in to continuous HRT (after starting on a cyclical regime) and the pain went away after a few months and hasn't returned since. In fact my breasts feel less substantial these days, and while my bra size hasn't changed they are definitely less bouncy!

joziel

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 04:36:19 PM »

I think it would be best to get bloods run to see what your levels are (you will need that for testosterone anyway, so can do estrogen at the same time).

In figuring out the estrogen, I think it's got to be a combo of what the blood levels are and how much you need for symptom control. I reckon we need to factor both those in, to judge what to do.

You might need to increase your Cyclogest too.