Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Provera - day 4 and I feel miserable and flat  (Read 4424 times)

2cats

Re: Provera - day 4 and I feel miserable and flat
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2022, 12:36:57 PM »

I take magnesium bisglycinate around 8pm-ish. 'Twas another bad night last night. It's really hard to sleep when you feel like you've had loads of caffeine. (And I say that as someone that caffeine doesn't affect very much and can have an espresso and still sleep fine before all this HRT stuff!).
What a strange symptom to feel so wired. Maybe give the herbal tabs a go? It must be so debilitating having continuous bad nights. I slept for really well on Monday night then Tuesday night it was awful and I felt exhausted yesterday. Almost ill with the lack of sleep. I really hope it settles for you soon. Menopause is such a miserable time.

joziel

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2022, 01:10:19 PM »

Thanks, yeah - tis rubbish. It's not menopause, it's HRT. These are not my symptoms before HRT, they were created by starting HRT.

Marchlove

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2022, 08:11:30 PM »

Yep, I agree joziel.

It’s hrt our  bodies yearn for it, but either the dosage, route, fillers, or who knows what else, means that some woman do not adjust to it.

Many many women give up on hrt within a few years. Whether this is because of the above or because of hrt being withheld  at the outset by Gp’s, then women  being told they can only stay on it for 5 years, who knows!

It’s truly outrageous that this is not recognised and acknowledged. The  immense harm that is done not only  to women but society at large surely needs more understanding and an complete change in direction and focus.

Big hugs to sofa surfers tonight x

Marchlove

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2022, 08:49:59 PM »

Flossie- sorry I’ve looking back at earlier posts and read all of yours.
I was housebound 3/4 years ago, so I know how it feels.
It feels like there’s no end to it and that life will never be the same. But have hope, it can change.
I used the time of my extreme anxiety to give me purpose. Almost embrace the energy of it to move me forward.
I don’t know if you’re in a similar situation but just wanted you to know, that if you are, there is light ahead. X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2022, 06:32:55 AM »

Flossie- sorry I’ve looking back at earlier posts and read all of yours.
I was housebound 3/4 years ago, so I know how it feels.
It feels like there’s no end to it and that life will never be the same. But have hope, it can change.
I used the time of my extreme anxiety to give me purpose. Almost embrace the energy of it to move me forward.
I don’t know if you’re in a similar situation but just wanted you to know, that if you are, there is light ahead. X
Thank you Marchlove. That is very kind of you to share that with me. I am so pleased you managed to overcome that.

joziel

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2022, 09:18:22 AM »

For me, I feel like it's the estrogen itself. Because I had the same response to a combined pill (Microgynon) when I was 21. That wasn't even body identical estrogen, it was whatever the synthetic estrogen in most pills is.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]