Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Looking  (Read 886 times)

Sheri

Looking
« on: June 30, 2022, 10:56:23 AM »

I trying to gain as much info as i can so I'm well prepared when i see my GP.
I'm struggling big time this month being on prog & nearing my period due date (should be today or tomorrow). I have lightheadedness, anxiety, feeling jittery & panicky & this morning had the longest hypo. Which i get hormonal hypos during early mornings when i get a bad PMT month).
Is there a way i can stop my periods safely to stop the flunctuating hormonal shifts that i get before a period?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Looking
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 11:10:09 AM »

I get lost with all these questions, that could be a meno 'thing' as well  ::) but it means that I can't scan back to read other replies.  U can continue on your original page and if you need, the subject heading can be altered.   Press 'modify' to make changes - I had to go back to find out how  ::) 'cos my brain no longer holds info..  >:(

Many find progesterone difficult.  The hormonal shifts are 'normal'/cyclic.  A hysterectomy would stop periods, however it is major surgery with it's own consequences.

Take a list to your appt.?

Sheri

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 04:55:09 PM »

Ok, thanks CLKD.
Sorry i didn't mean to confuse you. I'll try to do that in future.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 04:58:58 PM »

The mirena coil often stops periods completely.

Taz  :)

Sheri

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 05:53:10 PM »

Do you still need HRT with that?

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 06:35:34 AM »

The mirena contains just progesterone so you would need to add in oestrogen if you need it. https://emc-prod-ukwest-wa.azurewebsites.net/emc/product/1132/smpc#gref

Taz x

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 07:22:36 AM »

How old are you and where are you on your meno journey? What are you on now? If you're young and early peri you could try the pill but one with oestrogen as well such as zoelly. If you're late peri you could try a conti regime. Or you could consider a mirena.