Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Compare current to future HRT regime  (Read 754 times)

Jnb

• First Flush
Compare current to future HRT regime
« on: June 20, 2022, 03:34:15 PM »

Hello, I have had a Mirena Coil fitted for a number of years, being replaced every 5yrs or so. Alongside this I have had Estraderm MX75 patches and more recently, last 3 months, have added Vagirux vaginal tablets to help with dryness.
I have recently moved and have a new GP. I am booked in to have the coil removed tomorrow at my request, and for it to be replaced with a continuous combined HRT patch and the Vagirux.
She has prescribed FemSeven Conti. My concern is that the NEW patch is for 50micrograms of estradiol in 24hrs, whereas my current patch is for 75micrograms of estradiol in 24hrs.
This is a significant reduction, not sure it is going to be ok??
Would value your thoughts
Thank you

Dotty

Re: Compare current to future HRT regime
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 03:41:00 PM »

Hi If you want the same amount of Oestrogen carry on with the 75 patch and add Utrogestan .  If you are post menopause then take 100mg of Utrogestan daily at night.  If you are peri menopausal then use 200mg of Utrogestan from days 15-26 of your cycle.

Jnb

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 04:53:48 PM »

Thanks, it is more about why would the GP think it a good idea to reduce the Oestrogen from 75 to 50. I had presumed I would be given like for like.
I am post menopause

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 05:30:08 PM »

Perhaps your GP doesn’t realise that it’s lower in oestrogen. x

Jnb

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 05:40:19 PM »

Possibly, Although she hs been prescribing the 75 strength for last 6 months, will raise it with her tomorrow, before the coil is removed. Thank you