Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Cystitis  (Read 743 times)

menowoman

Cystitis
« on: June 17, 2022, 02:20:38 PM »

After two successful cystitis avoiding years I've got an infection. Cystitis was the bane of my life a few years ago but since being on vagifem (stopped working two years ago so on oestrogen cream which has worked great) I've been ok. This might be tmi but it was either caused by the first sex with my partner in a few months, the hot weather and not enough water, prosecco drinking and using a new hayfever remedy which is good but seems can cause water retention. Oh and out of date KY jelly. Maybe it was the perfect storm! My query is , from anyone who may have had this, is am I likely to get cystitis the next few times we have sex as it's been a while? I took all the usual precautions so am a bit disappointed to be here again 😞

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cystitis
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 02:23:51 PM »

U can discount the Prosecco and out of date KY Jelly! 

If you have had sex 'suddenly' after nowt for a while, the friction enough may be enough to induce 'cystitis' symptoms, i.e. honeymoon complaint! ;-)

Get into a cool bath with lots of bicarb of soda in the water, 10 mins then pat dry.  Get some 'ovestin' up there at once and again this evening.  When I get the need2P I take 2 Nurofen capsules, 3 times a day which eases the spincter as the flow shuts off.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 01:54:39 PM by CLKD »

menowoman

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 02:48:05 PM »

Well I did think it was that but trying to think that it wasn't! So what do I do going forward sex wise? Shall I up my local oestrogen or is it just that there was too long a delay? Will it happen next time?!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 03:29:09 PM »

There are other ways than peneatrive (sp) sex ;-) =  :vibe:  Gently.  Gently.  Any extreme rubbing may well reproduce symptoms.  A lot of Lube required .  Keep the area lubricated all the while, then avoid deep penetration.    I have a particularly sore area on 1 side which makes me go ouch. 

Jasmine20

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2022, 10:40:10 AM »

When you say you were taking a new hayfever remedy, was that an antihistamine?

I get a horrible dry mouth when I take antihistamines and I've heard they can exacerbate VA.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 01:54:29 PM »

Interestingly the last comment jogged my memory  :o (what's left of it  ::) ) - when I had beconase nasal spray it interrupted my cycle when I was on The Pill.  So I should withdraw my comment . 

menowoman

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 06:52:13 PM »

It was the fairly new benadryl allergy relief - I have since read something in it can stop you weeing so much, if I don't wee regularly I have been known to get cystitis before and I thought maybe that combined with a few glasses of prosecco, hot weather and first coupling for a good while ..... I'm now taking antibiotics as it got worse , my wee was smelly and cloudy. I'm just disappointed as don't want to be without sex for so long again but it's tricky when this happens 😞

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 06:55:17 PM »

Did the sample go to a Lab.?  How long is the course?  Hopefully the Lab report will indicate causation.  Let us know how you get on?

Urine: the 1st pee of the day may be smelly and dark
Through the day as we hydrate, urine should be straw coloured with no odour (unless due to food stuffs)
Paler - too much liquid.  We forget that liquid is obtained by the kidneys from food stuffs as well as drinks.