Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Tell me about your muscle aches!  (Read 1422 times)

VanillaLover

Tell me about your muscle aches!
« on: June 18, 2022, 02:12:10 PM »

Getting to the stage where I feel my peri symptoms are getting more under control (at least some of the time). One major one that is left is muscle aches. I just wondered how common it is ? My friends talk about joint aches/stiffness in the morning etc, but I don’t have that.

My legs muscles just burn pretty much all of the time! Feels like I’ve been doing squats all the previous day.  Like a lactic acid type feeling. Often  arms too. I don’t run any more because of it. I do my martial arts but it’s a struggle and the pain/tired feeling is worse after. They ache even when I haven’t done any exercise though too.

My energy levels themselves are ok, few bad days excepted.

Does anyone else have this ? I often have restless nights’ sleeps and wonder if I am tense or tossing and turning a lot in the night and my muscles actually ARE tired ….or is it just a menopause thing perhaps? I read that falling oestrogen can affect the body’s perception of pain…..

Any input much appreciated x

LSmarty

Re: Tell me about your muscle aches!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 02:19:12 PM »

Hi

I ache from head to toe, some days I can't l8fy a coffee cup or walk down the stairs properly. Hrt is helping but it taking time

Les xox

VanillaLover

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 03:25:20 PM »

Thank you for that…I guess I am not alone…

Sheri

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 04:22:43 PM »

I also ache head to toe. Its a general malaise for me & like I've got a mild flu. Its worse during my ovulation period. Morning time, I'm ok but as day wears on it gets worse.
I get a heaviness in my legs & my upper thighs feel like I've been in the ring with Mike Tyson.
Ovulation time is the week of hell for me. Its my nemesis that i just can't beat.

Gnatty

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2022, 04:25:40 PM »

Mine all disappeared once on oestrogel and testosterone. Are you on hrt?

VanillaLover

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 06:18:21 PM »

Yes 50mg patch, have been for 8/9 months…no effect on the aching though so far. May try higher patch or testosterone, I’ll speak to my NHS consultant at some point so will discuss with him.

Nicknak47

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 06:30:00 PM »

Hi my joints ache so walking up any kind of hill or steps or stairs are a huge effort stiffness . I also have neck shoulder pains stiffness like I’ve done loads of weights all the time. Countless massages and trips to physio and osteopath. I have tried doing Pilates and yoga to help but still there very sore plantar fasciitis aswell . Feel a hundred and I used to do aerobics, step classes walk miles etc now I can’t due to the aches and pains. Had arthritis checked and ok so must be menopause symptoms. Been on higher patch of 100mg 6 weeks and still not much improvement

Gnatty

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 07:27:29 PM »

Testosterone may well do the trick!

Flamingo

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2022, 08:35:14 PM »

Omg right side so painful, god knows what happens in the night but I wake up in agony some days.  It’s so depressing as am on 100mg patch which has helped all other symptoms but not these aches.  I’m on Testosterone too.  I changed Progesterone which I think has triggered it. 

Does anyone one on here take crinone?

X

Anne G

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2022, 08:55:28 AM »

Very interested in this thread.

I'm so much better on HRT than I was without, but joint stiffness still an issue.  I've not tried testosterone and wondering if it might make a difference.  Any thoughts welcome.
Axx

joziel

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2022, 12:24:28 PM »

Testosterone!!

VanillaLover

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2022, 03:03:37 PM »

This probably sounds daft but I worry that if I start testosterone, I’ll never get off it. Whereas with oestrogen, once it’s low and stable, hopefully my body will adapt and get used to it.

I know you’re all going to say “well what’s wrong with that?”  now😂

joziel

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2022, 01:10:14 PM »

I don't think I understand you...

You're okay never getting off estrogen (low and stable) but you don't want to be on testosterone always? Why? Or you are planning to stop estrogen at some point as well!? Why (again)? Seeing that will only increase your risk of osteoporosis, heart disease, bowel cancer, dementia and more...?

I'm all for everyone making their own decisions and supportive of that - but I do think they need to be educated decisions on the risks and benefits, either way. Not based on irrational fears and worries, but on research and stats.