Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: late onset of symptoms  (Read 1684 times)

Dee

Re: late onset of symptoms
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2022, 12:33:24 PM »

Thanks for reply joziel will these awful thoughts go on the ads dont want to up the dose only been on mirtazapine 15 for 2 weeks dr says up to 30 but scared to .Should l wait for review in 2 weeks see if dr has heard from gynae clinic which l doubt then see if l can get private appt at meno clinic ? Anyone else been in same boat with these thoughts of dying and did they go .although lve noticed some slight relief from them today sorry for mithering .love Dee x

joziel

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2022, 03:19:52 PM »

Hi Dee, I can't help with the anxiety med side of things as I've never been on anxiety meds and don't really know much about them. But with this:

" in last 6 months developed acid reflux/GERD, sluggish bowels and D&V, anxiety, flushes, VA, dry eye, sinusitis, tinnitus, poor sleep/insomnia, brain fog, fuzzy head, general weakness,"

HRT should most definitely help with. I had all those symptoms and more and they went in the first couple of weeks on HRT.

However, HRT - especially the estrogen part of it - can give you 'pep', energy, which can be experienced as the jitters, feeling on edge, or sort of likes you've drunk a lot of coffee - it does for me sometimes anyway. So if you do feel that when you first start it, you should know that it will probably settle if you continue. But you might want to start on a low dose, like 25 patch and stick there for a good 8wks before increasing. It's for sure worth a try anyway!

Dee

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2022, 04:31:29 PM »

Thanks Joziel will keep that in mind have been been making a list  of the advice lve been  given .Just for back up when seeing gp .Have all the symptoms you have apart from sinusitis and tinnitus although lm more noise sensitive but at the mo the thoughts sort of push the other symptoms into background .Will post back on outcome when l see gp again next week thanks for being there Dee xxx

sheila99

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2022, 05:06:42 PM »

Ange63 usually problems with hrt are from the progestin. To find out if it is you could try something with a different progestin, or you could start on a sequi regime where you take it cyclically and have bleed but it will tell you if you're good on oestrogen only and bad with the progestin, or with your doc's agreement you could start on oestrogen only and add the the progestin after 4-6 weeks.
Pages: 1 [2]