Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New HRT due to blood clot-Confused How to Take.  (Read 748 times)

Pixielilac

New HRT due to blood clot-Confused How to Take.
« on: July 01, 2022, 01:13:00 PM »

I broke my little toe 3 weeks ago, I have a blood clot, found on Tuesday, today the DVT clinic told me to ask doctor for a gel or patch HRT rather than the tablet femeston conti.
I have looked on my medical records and been prescribed Estradiol 500 mg gel sachets 2 a day and Utrogestan 100mg  30 capsules administered day 1-25 of each treatment cycle.
So do I have only 14 days of gel, I’ll need to re order before the 2 weeks run out or I won’t have enough for a month?
And the Utrogestan -I don’t understand the cycle bit, will I get a bleed every month now? Do I take this at the same time as the gel?
Bit confused, I haven’t actually got the meds yet, as can’t drive ‘cos of broken toe I am waiting for someone to collect it for me.
Thankyou in advance x
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 05:45:30 PM by Pixielilac »

joziel

Re: New HRT due to blood clot-Confused How to Take.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 06:56:02 PM »

I can't help you with the gel bit - is it Sandrena gel? You should take the estrogen in the morning.

But with the utrogestan, take it every night. There was an old version of 'continuous' which involved taking it only 25 days before a 3 day break - but now it's been ruled to be pointless and just to lead to unnecessary bleeding. So unless you have very specific circumstances and really need a bleed to release anything that has built up, you're good to take it every night instead. It should be taken at least 2 hours after eating and preferably last thing at night before bed - because it may make you sleepy.

Pixielilac

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 07:00:08 PM »

Thankyou for your reply. Yes the gel sachet is Sandrena.

joziel

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 07:05:25 PM »

You've definitely got more than 14 days of it there then. I don't use it so not sure how much is in each sachet, but the doses are like 1mg or 1.5mg most commonly...

Pixielilac

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 08:25:39 PM »

I have a box of 28 x 0.5mg gel sachets and have to use 2 a day, I’ve rang the doctors and have another prescription for some more x
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 08:42:40 PM by Pixielilac »

joziel

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2022, 05:59:09 AM »

Oh glad you worked it out.  ;D