Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: hormones fluctuating post meno  (Read 1043 times)

discogirl

hormones fluctuating post meno
« on: December 05, 2022, 02:02:05 PM »

im about 4 yrs post meno i think.

been on gel about 1 mth anxiety went and sleep much improved was on 3 and a bit pumps so yesterday went to full 4 pumps but anxiety really bad and so was sleep

i was wondering dont know if its possible as im post meno but could my own hormones be causing fluctuations or not.

i just really want to get to a stable level x

jaypo

Re: hormones fluctuating post meno
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 03:05:57 PM »

Hi there,yes,your own natural hormones can fluctuate,I'm 5 years(ish) post meno and I still get bouts of anxiety/low mood/flushes it's just another dip in oestrogen OR a surge,sorry not on HRT so can't really advise on that

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 03:58:59 PM »

Hi there,yes,your own natural hormones can fluctuate,I'm 5 years(ish) post meno and I still get bouts of anxiety/low mood/flushes it's just another dip in oestrogen OR a surge,sorry not on HRT so can't really advise on that

Thanks so much for clarifying that Jaypo.

Do you manage your symptoms ok without hrt? x

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 04:34:01 PM »

Thanks so much for clarifying that Jaypo.

Do you manage your symptoms ok without hrt? x

Just in case it may help other ladies, but I have found out from this wonderful site that increasing estrogen can cause anxiety and surges.

It's amazing how going a teeny bit from 3 and a bit to 4 full pumps have caused it but there you go x

Keep On Swimming

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 04:52:43 PM »

Hi Jaypo,

This might sound like a really stupid question but could you do 3 pumps one day and 4 the next so that it works out at 3.5 pumps per day?

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2022, 05:25:07 PM »

hi keep on swimming

sorry to cut in.

i know very little about alk this even though im on gel but i would have thought no as you would need a consistent dose every day.

my friend dotty on here has helped me a lot and she might be better placed to answer this xxx

Keep On Swimming

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2022, 06:04:40 PM »

I don't know what to think because I just spoke to a friend (I live in France) and she is post meno and on 2.5 pumps (one day she uses 2 pumps and the next 3 pumps) and her gyne makes her stop everything (oestrogen gel + progesterone) for 5 days in the month, every month! I've never heard of that!

I'll be interested to hear what Dotty says too! I hope you work out a solution quickly because the nausea/anxiety/blues/insomnia combo is simply dreadful.

All the best. xxx

discogirl

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2022, 06:21:35 PM »

I don't know what to think because I just spoke to a friend (I live in France) and she is post meno and on 2.5 pumps (one day she uses 2 pumps and the next 3 pumps) and her gyne makes her stop everything (oestrogen gel + progesterone) for 5 days in the month, every month! I've never heard of that!

I'll be interested to hear what Dotty says too! I hope you work out a solution quickly because the nausea/anxiety/blues/insomnia combo is simply dreadful.

All the best. xxx

ive never heard of that regime but thats not to say it doesnt work for some.

you take and keep in touch xxx

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2022, 06:41:51 PM »

I manage most of the time discogirl but when it hits,it's not the best of times,my mood is so low and it's awful BUT it's getting less and less now but who knows how long the old hormones fluctuate for I'm 59 now so it's been going on for some time, I now take CHD gummies and evening primrose oil capsules,so whether they are whats helping or not, I don't know x

discogirl

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2022, 07:26:18 PM »

thats so good to hear jaypo.

i never ever intended to go on hrt. my symptoms i.e. night sweats etc never bothered me that much but earlier this year my hormones really did fall off a cliff.

worst were insomnia and anxiety. so on hrt i went xx

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 09:06:19 PM »

Sorry CBD gummies,my pal on here jillydoll put me in the direction of Benadryl the ones with acrivastin,they are classed as non drowsy but they seem to make you sleep and help with the anxiety too, I can't tell you the number of nights I lie there wide awake but one of those about an hour before bedtime and I drift off nicely