Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Worried patch too high for me  (Read 943 times)

Nicknak47

• First Flush
Worried patch too high for me
« on: June 17, 2022, 06:31:55 AM »

Hi can anyone advise a recent blood test on 100mg patch to check if absorbing oestrogen and must be as had oestradiol at 656 and it sounds too high but I went on 100mg as still had symptoms on 75. Should I drop down . Can’t find info on what levels should be . Thanks

Dotty

Re: Worried patch too high for me
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 07:01:50 AM »

Hi how are your symptoms ? If your symptoms are under control then the patch is fine . Blood levels are different for everyone.

Nicknak47

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 07:39:46 AM »

Hi Dotty thanks for reply . Symptoms seem better than when on lower dose but still very achey , stiff and exhausted my testosterone level was 1 range 0.35-2.6 so that doesn’t seem low so can’t be needing testosterone
Also thyroid is okay . Been on 100mg a month now

Gnatty

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 07:44:36 AM »

I agree with Dotty. Those levels are fine. Plenty of info on here on this, it's all about what feels good for you. My understanding from listening to countless podcasts on Newson Health are that women as a rule don't need to be higher than 1000. That sounds like a lot but it's helpful as relative to that, your levels are in no way extreme -  which should give you reassurance.

Gnatty

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 07:45:34 AM »

That is actually considered low for testosterone so you could give that a try too.

Marchlove

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 09:10:35 AM »

Yes those symptoms sound like you need testosterone. You need to be high in the range.
If you’re hoping to get it from your Gp, you must stress it’s for libido as they won’t give it to you for any other reason in the main. X

joziel

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 08:19:10 PM »

Those are good estrogen levels. Over 1000 and you're getting a bit high. The very lowest I've seen people consider acceptable is 250 but I think most doctors like 400+.

Nicknak47

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 06:54:17 AM »

Thanks so much for your input everyone very helpful. I couldn’t find that information about it can be 1000 on the newsons website or was that on a podcast. My GP won’t give me testosterone that’s a shame . I’ll carry on with the 100 patches though hopefully the testosterone may go up with the oestrogen

Clarella

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2022, 07:45:01 AM »

My Gp said she’d prefer around 600 so they sounds good. Mine was 135 on a 50 patch and so I’m hoping that eventually I could go to 100.

If testosterone is an option you could consider it.

How long were you on the 100 before test?

Nicknak47

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2022, 11:14:04 AM »

I was on the 100mg patch 6 weeks before test and had put new patch on the night before the test . They won’t give me testosterone though