Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Estrogen  (Read 1409 times)

discogirl

Estrogen
« on: June 17, 2022, 07:23:02 AM »

Morning everyone,

Just wondered, I started HRT last saturday, I'm on estradiol patches 25mcg twice a week and progesterone every night (100mg).

My sleep, until the beginning of this year was great, slept like a baby but now my sleep is terrible. I have found that when I have the estrogen patch on my sleep seems to be fine, but since I only take use it for 24 hours my sleep seems to decline again until I'm ready for my next estrogen patch. Hope this is making sense!!!

My question is does it take time for your 'estrogen to fill up' sort of thing; as I really want my sleep issue to sort itself out.

And by the way I'm about 4 years post meno, is it normal to have very little meno symptoms and then for everything to flare up in post meno, cos I really thought  I was out of the woods until recently.

Thanks a lot xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Estrogen
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 08:45:50 AM »

Morning.  MayB keep a mood/food/symptom diary.  May find that progesterone upsets them.

Hopefully some1 will be along with proper advice  ::)

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 08:49:10 AM »

Can I ask why you are only leaving the patch on for 24 hours, instead of the usual three to four days? It is designed to be changed twice a week, so you should have a patch on all the time.

JP x

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 05:25:24 PM »

Hi Joaniepat,

First of all thank you so much for your reply.

Although I am 4 years post meno I have never needed HRT until recently so this is all very new to me.

I feel such an idiot and after confirming with my lovely pharmacist, yes I been using the Estradiol patches completely wrong.

I should have been replacing them twice weekly, instead I was only using them twice a week; what threw me was on the label it said twice weekly 25 mcg/24hrs, which I took to mean leave them on twice a week for 24 hours!!! My brain really isn't working.

Thanks  so much if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have queried anything until my 3 monthly review.

My brains are obviously in my feet at the moment!!!

Just to clarify I am taking the progesterone every night without a break, this is correct isn't it.

Thanks again
discogirl xx

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 05:36:17 PM »

Glad I could help discogirl. As you are postmeno, yes, you would take the Utrogestan every night.

I don't know where my own brains go some days, they disappear completely 😊.

JP x

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 05:51:33 PM »

This site and all the lovely ladies on here have been so helpful and kind.

what with my not sleeping and my anxiety, this site has been a lifeline to me.

Thank you so much xx

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 11:40:19 PM »

I love it  ;D. You're not alone, we've all done stupid things. Have a look at the 'doing stupid things' thread in this n that forum, you'll see your not alone (and maybe add to it?).
 Yes, it's possible to decline post meno. A little oestrogen is produced in the adrenals and fat cells and even when your periods stop the ovaries produce a declining amount. I've been declining for years  :(