Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Recommendations please for swimwear  (Read 2137 times)

holidaylover

Recommendations please for swimwear
« on: June 15, 2022, 10:26:55 AM »

Ladies, I'm off on holiday in a month and I know honestly well that even with all the great intentions I had, that I am going to look like a beached whale on holiday.  I usually wear a bikini but I feel this is a no go for me this year.  To much blubber for that, so, can any of you recommend a good website for tummy control costumes or tankinis that will make a whale look like a mermaid?!!!   Thank you

PS  I don't mind the cost, as I'd rather have a couple of good ones than cheaper ones that lose shape once wet.

Tora

Re: Recommendations please for swimwear
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 10:41:12 AM »

I’m struggling to find a direct link but the tags on my swimwear says Figleaves. I have to have halter neck costumes/bikinis in awkward sizing but they do have shape wear swimwear. I ordered about 8 different versions and kept the ones I loved. I’ve got over twenty and have never had a problem with the items or the quality.
Swimwear and sports bras are the bane of my life!

ATB

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 10:52:21 AM »

Figleaves closed down sadly. I think many brands have shapewear now. I just bought some sports two pieces from brands that have shapewear, but I don’t think you’re looking for ones to do lengths in? More beach wear? Sweaty Betty might have some? I spotted something I want from there that had a high waisted brief that looked good.

Tora

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 10:59:32 AM »

:'( About Figleaves. Thankfully I’ve got stock! I need swimwear for lengths, surf and beach. Please let me know if you find a good all rounder!

ATB

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 11:02:56 AM »

I shop at Simply Swim who stock lots of Speedo, plus all my caps, Google’s etc I like and got a cool cut out suit for lengths from Arena.

Tora

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 11:18:17 AM »

Thanks ATB, they’ve got a good sale on!

Figleaves is now sold through the simply be. website but I’ve never bought through them.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 11:36:36 AM »

kaftans for wandering on the beach ? with a large, floppy straw hat ;-). Enjoy! 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2022, 12:00:29 PM »

Asos have swimwear. You may find something you like on there.

QueenofReds3

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2022, 12:22:28 PM »

Lands End swimwear, they do tummy control and plus size swimming costumes. They have a 40% discount offer code now.

Aprilflower

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2022, 12:53:13 PM »

Lands End swimwear, they do tummy control and plus size swimming costumes. They have a 40% discount offer code now.

Yes, good styles with camouflage.

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2022, 01:36:19 PM »

Spanx?? They do swimwear and regular size,not so small that you'd struggle to get it on a Barrie doll  ::)

holidaylover

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2022, 01:49:13 PM »

Oh Jaypo Spanx!!!!!!   I hate them.  I've just had a run in with a couple of pairs over the past weekend.  Stuck my fingers through a new pair, and I seem to think they make me look fatter when I've got them on. (Although I struggle to even do that). Never ever try to get into a pair when you are just out a hot bath!
Thanks all for the links and recommendations for the swimwear.  I'll have a browse.  It's more for sunbathing than swimming and I like to work on my tan, so a tankini I can roll up might be best.  My fat disappears when I'm lying down!
It's the getting up from the sunbed (in a ladylike fashion) and getting to the pool that's my biggest problem. 

jaypo

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2022, 02:17:48 PM »

Not Spanx then?  ;D

holidaylover

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2022, 04:25:44 PM »

Wouldn't be my first option!! :boobs:

jaypo

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2022, 05:14:09 PM »

;D  ;D