Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Proper period 4 years after last one and after 1 year on HRT  (Read 2627 times)

Moonflower

Re: Proper period 4 years after last one and after 1 year on HRT
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2022, 07:25:16 PM »

Hi Kato,
Oh right, so you are just like me right now, first big bleed! I'm on day 5 and luckily it seems to be slowing and going to a browny red colour now.  I must admit, I sleep so well on utrogestan but sometimes have the most vivid dreams or nightmares! I do wake up feeling tired too. I asked the nurse if inserting it vaginally would protect my womb more and she said definitely not.  I think people do it for less side effects?

KarineT

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2022, 01:06:42 PM »

I, myself, have a fibroid which was 5 cm diameter when it was found.  This was in 2018.  I was told by  a gynae that it usually shrinks at menopause.  This sane doctor told me that it would involve a hysterectomy and I refuse to have one because I knew it was too drastic for a fibroid.  There are other methods such as embolisation, etc.  I enquired about embolisation and they told me about the risks, etc.  In the end I decided not to do anything and it's not causing me any issues.  I had my last period in January 2020 and I had no bleeds since.  I am not on HRT though.

Kato

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2022, 12:49:48 PM »

Hi Karine, I’ve also been told that menopause shrinks fibroids. I strongly believe it’s an individual choice whether to take HRT depending on other symptoms and how much HRT alleviates them, versus the surprise gift of enlarging/bleeding fibroids! The jury is currently out for me and while I appreciate the benefits of my current HRT regime I also don’t want regular heavy bleeding and cramp. Watch this space…

ljcybergal

• First Flush
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2022, 10:50:56 PM »

Hi Moonflower & Kato - I so understand where you are coming from - not having a clue what to do, just wanting to know what to do next, and having absolutely no faith in the GP surgery (well, if I can ever contact them!)

I posted my query earlier but it hasn't had many responses. I've been happily taking 100mg Utrogestan, and 3 pumps of Oestrogel on my thighs every night for the last few years without any problems whatsoever. Then out of the blue, just as I'm getting ready to go away on a trip  :-\, for the last couple of days I've had some spotting and cramps.

I just want to know what to do, it's worrying and so confusing because I read about decreasing doses, increasing doses, sometimes the side effects of too much of one or the other sounds almost the same!

I'm guessing that I missed a dose of Utrogestan, but I didn't think that I did, which made me even more confused! Then I got paranoid and wondered if I'd taken an EXTRA Utrogestan!  ;D

The main lesson for me here I guess is that I realise that I've been lucky so far to have everything in such perfect balance! I'm feeling a bit less crampy today and I hope that by the time I go away next Tuesday, this has all passed!  :)
Pages: 1 [2]