Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Fed up with feeling so shattered!  (Read 860 times)

TLW05

• First Flush
Fed up with feeling so shattered!
« on: February 28, 2022, 12:23:30 PM »

Anyone else get frustrated and cross with themselves, because they feel so shattered?   :bang:

At the moment I could happily sit on the sofa and not move.  I have the motivation but just the lack of energy.  I've had a cold for about a month (probably different colds of course) which really hasn't helped.  On Friday afternoon I gave in and sat my bottom on the sofa put on a truly corny film and tried to doze.  I kept waking myself up by snoring!  ::)  ;D but thought if I let my body rest I would feel better.  Come Saturday I did feel quite a lot better, then Sunday I started to go a bit down hill, and today I have an earache just to top everything off, and never has my sofa looked so appealing!!!   I'm getting out in the fresh air and exercising but still my body just wants to plonk itself on the sofa. :-\ My brain really wants to do stuff but my body doesn't. I can decide if I should keeping pushing myself or just flake out.   

P.S. Considering becoming a snail - they can sleep for three years!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Fed up with feeling so shattered!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 12:31:10 PM »

Have you had your thyroid function and VitD levels checked?   5 years ago, like you, I would sit.  After 20 mins. weeding I couldn't move for about 2 hours.  Blood tests showed that my VitD levels were low.  Capsules helped.

Don't push yourself, listen to your body.  If you have had a cold then your body will need to regenerate itself.  Keep hydrated.  Keep nibbling healthy foods with the odd chocolate
;-). (nothing odd about chocolate, of course).  If you can get into some sunshine for 20 mins morning and afternoon, try as it will help. 

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 12:53:13 PM »

Hello TLW05 and welcome to the forum.

It is worth asking your doctor for some blood tests to rule out any deficiencies but perhaps you are suffering from  post viral fatigue? Back in the day it was understood that a period of convalescence was necessary after an illness but today we expect to resume our busy lives asap. If you are snoring you are probably sleeping with your mouth open and I learned recently that this can interfere with restorative sleep.  I think there are ways to train ourselves to sleep with our mouths closed and breathe through our noses instead. Maybe look on Google for some suggestions.

Wishing you well.

K.

TLW05

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 06:17:34 PM »

Thanks CLKD and Kathleen.  Yep had all my bloods done, numerous times, the GP is incredible fond of sending me for bloods and then telling me they are fine, and then I get no further.

I do drink a lot :o (tea and water with the odd Scotch with the odd nibble of chocolate  ;) .  I probably should listen to my body more, and may be stop fighting it so hard.  My hubby does say I am not very good at resting.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 06:28:48 PM »

Last year DH had an X-ray - 'no further treatment required': however, no one rang to check whether symptoms had improved.  Which they hadn't.  Nothing from the X-ray Dept., GP etc.; so he had to wait for another 2 weeks for a GP discussion over the 'phone  >:(.  By which time he had bought a knee support and started gentle exercises. 

MayB start a course of VitD to boost any deficiency.  Have a chat with a pharmacist to see what is recommended.  It won't do any harm!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2022, 01:07:48 PM »

I have felt so tired recently  :-\ and can no longer blame it on busy, involved dreams. 

I began taking the VitD capsules from the GP, which I think helped a bit: went to Lloyds yesterday who can sell me 25 (1000iu) which on reading NICE guidelines, is the dose for under 12 months old!

I was on 3,2000IU daily.  I'll try these to see if they help.  Otherwise, another chat with the Pharmacist in our Surgery perhaps.  I am even too tired to sleep and that's not like me!