Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Everol Conti query...  (Read 749 times)

Amerififer

Everol Conti query...
« on: June 11, 2022, 05:32:39 PM »

Hiya All,

Since I'm sooo new to HRT .. have a query for those that are well into it.. or even just further along than me.. :)
I just finished my first week on the patches on Thursday there.. Today I find that I am spotting.. not much at all just a wee bit.. Also was given estriadol cream.. used it for 4 days... then stopped.. must admit I just found it too messy and feeling uncomfy..

My query is .. is even a bit of spotting normal so soon? Also feel a bit like I used to in the old days when I was pre menstrual... I'm guessing its my body getting used to the hormones???
Any advice ?? Ways to deal with it??

Thanks Muchly

Limpy

Re: Everol Conti query...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 05:54:51 PM »

Hi Ameriifer,

1 - Spotting  is common when starting Evorel Conti. My GP warned that it could last for 6 months.

2 - Re the estriadol cream. I think the initial loading period is 7 or 14 days. Yes it is messy but it is really good for sorting out UTI like discomfort. Something to remember is that it isn't always necessary to use the applicator. It is possible to put some on a finger and apply it that way. Though it really is necessary to remember to apply the cream twice a week after the initial loading.

Amerififer

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 06:30:32 PM »

Hi Ameriifer,

1 - Spotting  is common when starting Evorel Conti. My GP warned that it could last for 6 months.

2 - Re the estriadol cream. I think the initial loading period is 7 or 14 days. Yes it is messy but it is really good for sorting out UTI like discomfort. Something to remember is that it isn't always necessary to use the applicator. It is possible to put some on a finger and apply it that way. Though it really is necessary to remember to apply the cream twice a week after the initial loading.

Hiya Strongkat

Ta much for the info..regarding the spotting being common.. sure hope it doesn't get worse and/or last for 6 months.. sheesh.. lolol
Re estriadol cream.. hadn't really been having any uti like discomfort, if anything a bit more discomfort after starting it.. Even with using lube with the applicator.. So thinking I might just forgo the cream.. See how I get on..
Greatful that we can ask any and all questions here.. So thanks for the input.. :)

joziel

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 08:20:26 PM »

Re spotting - I have spotted (sometimes bled) about a week after every estrogen increase. So, a week after starting HRT and then a week every time I've gone up. And each time it's lasted a week.

Re estradiol cream - this is really really good at treating local symptoms so it's worth trying to figure out. I recommend asking for some Vagifem pessaries instead, it's much less messy than putting all that cream up there. They come in a preloaded applicator and it's a little tablet which you eject into you(!). It's every day for 2 weeks for the loading dose and then usually twice a week after that, but some women need it more. Not at all messy and doesn't sting. (Some people find the estriol/Ovestin cream stings a bit.) Give your GP a call and just request the prescription change. IF you have external symptoms you can just use the cream you have on the vulva instead of squirting it inside you - that is much less messy as it's less cream....!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 08:22:49 PM by joziel »

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 09:18:04 AM »

Hi there - question is where are you in menopause ie what were your cycles/periods doing before you started HRT? How long between periods etc? This (ie your cycle) will affect any bleeding as well as the standard caveats about spotting whenever HRT is started.

Hurdity  x

Amerififer

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2022, 11:31:25 AM »

Hi there - question is where are you in menopause ie what were your cycles/periods doing before you started HRT? How long between periods etc? This (ie your cycle) will affect any bleeding as well as the standard caveats about spotting whenever HRT is started.

Hurdity  x

Hiya,
Post menopausal... no periods for MANY years .. :)

joziel

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2022, 11:38:39 AM »

They say that anything goes with the spotting and bleeding for the first 6 months. If it continues after that, they will either change something (probably the progesterone) or send you for investigations (ultrasound to check your lining isn't too thick). Or both.