Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Progesterone help please  (Read 952 times)

Flamingo

Progesterone help please
« on: June 11, 2022, 08:27:05 AM »

Help please

I’m 50, still having regular short cycle periods.  I suffer with anxiety and clench my teeth at night. 

I’ve tried 100mg patch which seems to help the anxiety the best, utrogestan orally makes me feel terrible, taken vaginally is ok but if I’m late taking it a period arrives and it still makes me feel rubbish. I’ve tried continuous vaginal utrogestan but again my natural periods seems to always break through.

I tried Femoston 2/10 felt much better in myself but night sweats and insomnia returned.  Topped it up with a patch and felt better but told you can’t do this.

Tried the progesterone only pill but this brought me out in acne and made me feel like I was wearing lead boots.  However it did help get rid of some mysterious aches and pains and made my sore dry eyes improve….which makes me think I do need progesterone although it makes me feel bad.

I’ve come off the progesterone pill and now having a heavy bleed.  I’ve gone back to Femoston 1/5 and a 75mg patch.

I’ve got terrible pain in my right side from clenching in my sleep.

I’ve seen a few menopause doctors they want to prescribe and send you away for 3 months with no help or guidance in between.  It’s costing a fortune.

I had a mirena coil about 10 years ago before all this started and it made me feel terrible. So I’m nervous to try it again.

Can anyone offer some advice on here re a progesterone? The one in Femoston at least doesn’t bring me out in acne but you can’t get it on its own. Is there another one that would not cause this side effect I could take along side patch? I suffer with anemia and would love to stop the rollercoaster of bleeds.

Any help and advice would be very appreciated, am struggling x

Nas

Re: Progesterone help please
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 08:47:14 AM »

What about norethisterone or provera? Both synthetic progesterones.

I mean by all means try a top up with a patch, but there is that worry of the progesterone not being sufficient to oppose the Oestrogen. Maybe give it a go and see?

Mirena is meant to control bleeding the best, for some it works, others not.
It’s an option and you may react differently this time? X

Flamingo

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 09:11:49 AM »

Thanks Nas.

I’ve tried evorel conti and this caused acne and made me feel dreadful too. 

Anyone else have advice re progesterone and acne? What P is is on provera?

I’ve tried the mirena and didn’t get on with it, I’m too worried to have it fitted and then feel terrible and not be able to get it out for months due to GP shortages.

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 09:31:01 AM »

I hated utrogestan! But when I tried provera- all fine....no withdrawal effects xxx

Nas

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 09:36:58 AM »

Just do a quick google search for the progesterone in provera, think it starts with an M..

Flamingo

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2022, 10:16:58 AM »

Will do thank you.

Would be good to hear from someone who has had the acne side effect and if they have found a P that doesn’t aggravate it?

Thank you 😊

Flamingo

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2022, 05:15:07 PM »

I hated utrogestan! But when I tried provera- all fine....no withdrawal effects xxx
M
Vicky81 did you take Provera continuously or sequentially? Did it affect you skin? Or don’t you have that problem? Thank you….might be worth a try!  Certainly don’t want to go back to Utrogestan, yuk! Xx

Vicky81

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2022, 05:28:36 PM »

Hi
I was told to use it 10 nights of the month at 5mg.
I have since gone onto the contraceptive pill (only because the patches didn't suit- not the provera at all) if I had to go back, I'd deffo use it again xxx