Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hi from me!  (Read 1308 times)

Curly_049

• First Flush
Hi from me!
« on: June 07, 2022, 01:03:27 AM »

:)

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and site, I did some searching for support groups but there are none where I live so started looking for forums instead and here we are!
I am perimenopausal and been on HRT for about five months; this month I have found the RAGE!!!!! returning and my breasts are really sore which the HRT had seemed to take care of - is this kinda normal? I had thought the HRT would balance everything out but maybe I'm wrong - I know there is a lot to learn about the menopause and it's wicked ways.

My partner and i are in a long distance relationship and his visit (after a lonely gap between visits of ten months!) has coincided with the rage returning and he saw it first hand - the screaming, the banging doors and general scariness. Does anyone find ANYTHING helps them when the rages come on? I made sure I removed myself from the room so I didn't say things I know I'd regret etc and just lay down in my (dark) bedroom for an hour and cried. It freaked him out completely and he is a gentle , caring, kind and supportive man and has asked what he can do to help. I dont know! but a cup of tea was nice :)

ANyway! wanted to say hello and find out whether anyone had any tips for help when the rages come on.. thanks in advance and hello!  :)

jaypo

Re: Hi from me!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 07:12:13 AM »

Hi curly and welcome to the forum,you're definitely in the right place,you will find lots of info on here and friendly women all suffering with one thing or another.
I personally don't take HRT but I do know it sometimes needs "tweaked" to suit you or sometimes you may even need to try a different one,it's all trial and error,as menopause progresses your oestrogen levels drop so it maybe that you need to increase the dose.
Hopefully you have a meno savvy Dr at your practice.
Look up Dr Newson on YouTube,she has great advice,you can also book an appointment with Dr Currie on here for a fee.
Xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 07:44:33 AM »

Hello Curly and welcome to the forum. I agree with Jaypo about your HRT needing an adjustment. I am sorry you have these rages. They must be very upsetting for you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 07:45:52 AM »

That was me,  B4 every period  >:(  :-\.  An issue that wasn't a problem all month would suddenly turn me into a monster.  DH eventually recognised what the anger was leading up to.   We had a 'buzz' word ;-)

Hormones!   Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.

ATB

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 08:47:36 AM »

Welcome! Yes we still sometimes need to tweak our HRT to stabilise all these symptoms, even if overall you’re generally better. Sometimes exercise can be good to do when feeling the rage, it depends on the person, some might find yoga is better, some find boxing or weights works best. Or grab a skipping rope! You will learn lots here :)

Crone

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2022, 08:57:19 AM »

:)

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and site, I did some searching for support groups but there are none where I live so started looking for forums instead and here we are!
I am perimenopausal and been on HRT for about five months; this month I have found the RAGE!!!!! returning and my breasts are really sore which the HRT had seemed to take care of - is this kinda normal? I had thought the HRT would balance everything out but maybe I'm wrong - I know there is a lot to learn about the menopause and it's wicked ways.

My partner and i are in a long distance relationship and his visit (after a lonely gap between visits of ten months!) has coincided with the rage returning and he saw it first hand - the screaming, the banging doors and general scariness. Does anyone find ANYTHING helps them when the rages come on? I made sure I removed myself from the room so I didn't say things I know I'd regret etc and just lay down in my (dark) bedroom for an hour and cried. It freaked him out completely and he is a gentle , caring, kind and supportive man and has asked what he can do to help. I dont know! but a cup of tea was nice :)

ANyway! wanted to say hello and find out whether anyone had any tips for help when the rages come on.. thanks in advance and hello!  :)

Ah yes, when I used to have PMT I could taste those rages, they literally had a flavour of metal.

As I have gotten older I take the view that as embarrassing or mortifying losing control is and having a roll around the floor might be it can also just be needed. Sometimes it gets too much. Us girls don't all do kick boxing or something which gets rid of this excess energy. We still have it but we don't easily get rid of it on its own. Sometimes thumping a pillow is good. If you have a field nearby and a deaf farmer (🤭) you might want to make use of it by having a yell out there. I think of these sorts of emotions as an overload of energy which needs purging. If you can find a safe way to relieve yours, if only on a day to day basis then it may help.

Like others have said, the GP is always a good idea and, on top of that, you may want to explore other ways of releasing your emotions and see them as something to be released and not as a negative, dislikeable part of you which needs to be feared and apologised for. The perimenopause is a long card game with many a rubbish hand, find your Ace ;-)

Curly_049

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 12:55:53 AM »

Thank you all! It's nice to get some advice and be able to talk openly about this stuff. I never had PMT where I felt mad rages so it's been a bit of a shock since perimenopause started.. I do pillow screaming when I need to and sometimes going out in the car and screaming out loud is good too (I have cats who would get scared if I started screeching in the house! bless em). My partner suggested a punchbag too! I will look in to it....and my regular check up with GP is due so I will mention this stuff to her too, she's young and not closed minded as I found some of the older docs in the surgery to be!

Crone

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2022, 10:04:32 AM »

Thank you all! It's nice to get some advice and be able to talk openly about this stuff. I never had PMT where I felt mad rages so it's been a bit of a shock since perimenopause started.. I do pillow screaming when I need to and sometimes going out in the car and screaming out loud is good too (I have cats who would get scared if I started screeching in the house! bless em). My partner suggested a punchbag too! I will look in to it....and my regular check up with GP is due so I will mention this stuff to her too, she's young and not closed minded as I found some of the older docs in the surgery to be!

Sounds like you are doing all the right things for you. Brilliant! It's all an adjustment, be kind to yourself and keep talking to your partner too, I have found clear communication and sharing to be a good medicine and helps keep that closeness too.

I hope you get on well with your appointment!

Curly_049

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2022, 11:13:27 PM »

Well the rages last weekend and breast tenderness all week have been explained - I have a period! I have been on the mini pill for about three months and this is the first time I've had a period - is this normal?! :S I am on HRT which had been controlling the rages but does this maybe not work if one is still getting the odd period? Very confusing...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 05:24:29 AM by Curly_049 »