Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Indigestion - chest pain?  (Read 3380 times)

CrispyChick

Indigestion - chest pain?
« on: May 18, 2021, 02:29:34 PM »

I've suffered bouts of awful indigestion through all this peri nonsense.

For a while I was on meds but managed to wean off. Recently I've had recurring bouts with terrible bloating, wind, burping and a knaeing pain in stomach.

This bout started on sat and I'm still suffering badly. But I also have a crushing/tightening in my chest. I'm just looking for reassurance that this is normal with indigestion and heartburn???   I've not experienced this before. I wonfered if it was my asthma, but I'm pretty sure it's not.

I've started meds today as it is quite severe.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Indigestion - chest pain?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 02:55:42 PM »

I've had this for years.  Intermittently.  It always begins after 3.15 a.m.; on Friday it was 5.15 and I worked out: it's peas! which I love. Obviously I eat them too quickly.  So I know it's indigestion.  No sweating.  No radiation into the arms.  But it goes into my chin, behind my ears, into the throat [reflux], but I can't move the wind  >:( - up or down.  Walking around doesn't help. 'Rennies' do.  Sometimes. 

Is yours at a regular time?  If it's 'crushing' you need to see your GP - women have different symptoms for heart attacks than men.  Apparently. 

CrispyChick

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 03:34:43 PM »

Not regular, but when it arrives its quite constant. Doesn't keep me awake at night though.

This chest pain is new. Last few days. Not getting worse, but not getting better. No other symptoms, except the infigestion. I think likely connected to the indigestion... But just looking for someone who has felt this too 🤷‍♀️.

I'm pretty sure the indigestion itself is linked to progesterone...so I can't really be bothered having a conversation with the gp about indigestion again 🙄

The h2 blocker hasn't helped any of the symptoms today, so I'll give it a day or two... Unless the chest pain gets worse.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 04:28:23 PM »

I don't want to be alarmist but a crushing pain is not typical of indigestion. These are the symptoms my sister in law had. She put up with it for two days before her daughter found out and made her visit her GP that day. She was suffering from a heart attack and had to have surgery. Women's symptoms are often different to men where the heart is involved. I'd phone for advice.

Taz x  :hug:

CrispyChick

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 04:37:20 PM »

OK. Will call tomorrow.

It's more tight than crushing. I find things hard to explain  ;).

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 04:43:21 PM »

It is difficult to describe symptoms. I just recall my sister in law saying it was tight and squeezy and annoying. She still went to work etc but by day three she hadn't got any appetite for a special lunchtime treat which was how her daughter knew something wasn't right  ;D

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 07:17:51 PM »

Good point Minusminnie. Thank you.

Taz x  :)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 09:06:57 PM »

:-\.  why wait  :-\ this might be life threatening!

CrispyChick

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 07:50:59 AM »

Thanks folks.

Today it feels like my lungs. I've called gp. Waiting for call back.

CLKD totally understand your thought process. But it doesn't feel like an emergency.

Anyway - getting checked out today. Thanks ladies. I've now taken 3 h2 tablets, so hoping the indigestion /gastritis settles down and I can see what's left. Might just be coincidental timing 🤷‍♀️

CrispyChick

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 12:18:44 PM »

Been to gp... Got the all clear. Heart and breathing fine. Just pain on deep breaths... She thinks inflammation 🤷‍♀️.

Gastro symptoms much better with the h2 blocker.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 12:24:12 PM »

Phew! what was recommended?

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2022, 09:58:54 PM »

I've had this intermittently for a few years.  A pain/sensation begins in the dip in the throat at the top of the rib cage.  Pain radiates into the lower chin/jaw, up to the ears and occasionally into the scalp.  As well as down in the gap between the rib cage.

No nausea.  Sweating.  Nothing down the arms ........... we had peas in a stir fry last night  :-\