Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Sandrena  (Read 679 times)

Paula1966

• First Flush
Sandrena
« on: June 05, 2022, 08:12:43 PM »

I originally came off my hrt as I was having chest pains and my Gp said come off until they had done all my heart tests - which thankfully were fine.

I have asked to go back in the hrt and she agreed so arranged for my prescription but when I went to collect it they pharmacist said Sandrena was out of stock has anyone else had this. I thought it was one of the gels that was ok for stock.

Also can someone tell me that my periods will stop one day  ;D- I am 55 and still get a monthly bleed.  :-\

Dotty

Re: Sandrena
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 06:11:47 AM »

Hi Sandrena is hard to get at the moment . You could ask for Oestrogel which is in stock at some places.

It’s hard to say when your periods will stop. There is a thread on here somewhere about late menopause.

Which hrt were you using before ?

Good luck x

Paula1966

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 10:26:06 PM »

Thanks I was using

Sandrena, Uterogestan  and testosterone and seemed to work well

Skylark

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 07:54:25 PM »

Paula,  if it's any consolation I'm 57 and still bleeding. All the investigations showed I'm just not there yet. So fed up. Now have Mirena and Sandrena and I'm spotting all the time (with light monthly bleeds too). Sandrena out of stock and so is Oestrogel where I am. Swapping back and forth doesn't help either. I'm so low with it all.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 04:45:01 PM »

Hi Paula1966

How long did you stop the HRT for?

I presume you are taking the HRT cyclically so you will bleed anyway which is not a natural period, though 55 is not that late. According to stats on this site ( I think!) 80 % of women have reached menopause by age 54  - but no idea whether that is in the west etc, asnd those who start HRT of course don't know when they reach menopause....

As you are restarting you could try an oestrogen patch? Plenty to choose from.

Hope you're now sorted.

Hurdity x

Paula1966

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 07:28:14 PM »

It’s good to hear I am not the only one still having periods

I have been off all hrt for a year but finally after not being able to get hold of Sandrena I was able to get the Oestragel pump

I also have Utrogestan which I am taking vaginally and Tostran

Paula