Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Arranging your own blood tests  (Read 1226 times)

ATB

Re: Arranging your own blood tests
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2022, 06:44:58 AM »

Sorry my previous comment was more for OP. There’s a reason Newson, who OP is also with, ask for venous samples, they’re overall more reliable whether using gel or not.

Jjumper

Re: Arranging your own blood tests
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2022, 07:40:48 AM »

Very helpful Joziel, thank you for sharing. My dr told me to increase dose every 3 to 4 weeks to the max licensed dose of 100mcg patches and then remain on that until next review where she said we would do bloods if needed to increase past the licensed dose (to help make the decision). Similar rationale to your situation I think. Doing my own now would be purely curiosity while I wait.

Thanks ATB - makes sense - having listened to the podcast docuseries The Dropout I get the problem with the drop of blood (if anyone has listened they will know what I mean!)

It will be interesting to see where science takes us in the coming years with testing. I’ve heard some experts suggest that in the future oestrogen may be offered to all women in menopause regardless of symptoms, to prevent disease. Not sure how that could be accomplished without some sort of testing? Maybe they will come up with an alternative to blood tests - like fitbits being able to give us instant readings eventually?!?! Exciting times : )

Thanks for help all. I’ve got the info I needed.
Pages: 1 [2]