Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel vs Sandrena Dose Comparison  (Read 732 times)

Peach8

Oestrogel vs Sandrena Dose Comparison
« on: June 06, 2022, 03:11:12 PM »

Hello.  Im a newbie here. I've tried to search for this within the forum but couldn't find the answer. Apologies if I've missed it.
I've been using 2 pumps of oestrogel and was about to increase to 3 pumps. However, my pharmacist has had to give me sandrena 1mg due to supply issues. He said one sachet is equivalent to 3 pumps of oestrogel. The Balance website says 1 sachet is equivalent to 2 pumps but also, the oestrogel packaging says it contains 0.75mg estrogen so wouldn't that mean 2 pumps =1.5mg and I'd need one and a half sachets of sandrena to match the 2 pump dose?  I'm confused and nervous about applying the wrong amount. Is anyone able to clarify please?

joziel

Re: Oestrogel vs Sandrena Dose Comparison
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 03:28:26 PM »

I'd look at the BMS website, I think they have a page about this. And compare their answer to the Newson one. And go with either of those.

People absorb different products slightly differently as well, so you might need to adjust slightly one way or the other.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 04:13:55 PM »

https://thebms.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/03-BMS-TfC-HRT-Practical-Prescribing-02A-MAY2022.pdf

Have a look at this link. This says that 3 pumps is equivalent of 2 sachets.

mchaplin

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 07:51:14 PM »

I’ve just had to go from the sachets to the pump. I was on 1.5mg and have been told 2 pumps is equivalent.