Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New to HRT and the forum  (Read 1282 times)

Milly1974

New to HRT and the forum
« on: June 06, 2022, 08:45:47 AM »

Hi my name is Lisa I'm 47 I am a full time carer for my son who has a severe learning disability (he certainly keeps me busy) Looking back now I think my perimenopause first started a couple of years ago when I got very down and anxious so went to visit my G.P and was prescribed antidepressants which did perk me up, I am quite active in general so a combination of exercise and keeping busy with my son helped me through it.
But then probably the last 6 months I've felt terrible with low mood, anxiety, terrible brain fog, not being able to remember simple things, Headaches, breast tenderness, feeling hot and cold. I then started recognising this was perimenopause symptoms so plucked up the courage and made an appointment to see my GP, she is very understanding and listend while I spilled it all out. She was very happy to prescribe me hrt straight away, so off I went with my 3 month supply feeling so relieved that I'd taken that step to talk to the GP. I have the everol patch which I change twice weekly and have some progesterone pills to take on day 15 of first putting my everol patch on.
Wish me luck girls I'm looking forward to sharing experiences with you all and taking on board advice and new tips 😊

LornaT

Re: New to HRT and the forum
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 08:55:30 AM »

Hi Lisa, glad you got good response from GP and hope the HRT will work for you, totally relate to how you feel, who even knew perimenopause could do this! This forum is a godsend tho, lovely people with a wealth of experience to support each other! Keep us posted on your experience 🙏 xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 10:39:28 AM »

Hello Lisa. Welcome to the forum. It is so good to hear you have an understanding GP. I wish you luck with the HRT. Just know that it can take time to adjust to it. We are all here for you.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 11:50:05 AM »

Welcome.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  What support do you get with your son's care?  It mayB time to look long-term so that you can get some 'me' time so that you don't need to panic on those 'off' days.

Amanda52

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 01:14:42 PM »

Hi new to forum started Evorel sequi patches six days ago..have moments of horrible anxiety..just want it to stop..trying so hard not to take patch off..have Evorel Conti patch next week and I'm so scared to use them..heard that they have Terrible side affects..anyone have any good news about these patches

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 01:37:17 PM »

Hi new to forum started Evorel sequi patches six days ago..have moments of horrible anxiety..just want it to stop..trying so hard not to take patch off..have Evorel Conti patch next week and I'm so scared to use them..heard that they have Terrible side affects..anyone have any good news about these patches

Hello Amanda. I have not used these patches before but if you start a new thread about it, you will get more responses. Welcome to the forum.

Milly1974

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 02:24:19 PM »

Welcome.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  What support do you get with your son's care?  It mayB time to look long-term so that you can get some 'me' time so that you don't need to panic on those 'off' days.

Hi, yes I have a good support network to help with my sons care 😊

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 02:31:09 PM »

Hi Amanda. Some people get no side effects at all. I used Evorel sequi and did have PMT type symptoms but they still made my life one hundred percent better. What are the terrible symptoms you are worried about? Anxiety is so difficult to cope with so I do understand your fear of starting something new.  :hug: