Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT -finding 'the right one?"  (Read 666 times)

Nik

HRT -finding 'the right one?"
« on: June 13, 2022, 10:42:07 AM »

hi ive been on hrt for  about 3 years- started with patches until there was a shortage - so was offered femiston - was ok but then after a year or so this really bad mist of depression landed - it was totally not manageable so had to see if i could change - so now on Sandrena gel- been on it for about 3 months and im really feeling quite bizarre..now this could all be just me but havent slept since - so no depression thats a bonus but feel out of body and quite alien bouts of horrendous bloating and all my joint pains that i had to start with which i one of the reasons i seeked hrt have returned - but its the spooky feeling on my skin and nerves im finding a bit concerning..is this just me,,and possibly if i could re try patches if there is no longer a shortage...also how on earth do we get testosterone because its what i need but without going private how does one get it?...sorry to moan on but driving me beyond potty any advice would be blummin wonderful thankyou xx

laszla

Re: HRT -finding 'the right one?"
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 11:14:48 AM »

Hi Nik, it takes some of us many attempts to find the right regime. If you want testosterone, ask gp for a referral to an nhs menopause clinic. From there I would also check your blood levels of estradiol, testosterone and free androgen index as a baseline to know where you are now as some of your symptoms might be sign that you are still low in estrogen, for example you might not absorb it well (I'm a non-absorber myself).

Nik

Re: HRT -finding 'the right one?"
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 11:19:34 AM »

thankyou so much - that is helpful would be lovely to think i could get a referral to a menopause clinic which seem like a planet far far away from where i live but might have an attempt at least to ask -  you might be right maybe im. non absorber x thankyouuu