Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and cramping  (Read 10735 times)

Cassie

Utrogestan and cramping
« on: May 20, 2017, 07:46:39 AM »

Does anyone else experience lower abdominal cramping when using the Utrogestan vaginally. Its been particularly uncomfortable this cycle, with dragging back pain, same thing one gets before a period, really uncomfortable and the bloating :( glad that my cycle is over for another month at least I slept this cycle, reasonably well and didnt have the usual insominia, that I get when taking the Utro,  just very busy dreams, never a dull moment, always something different.

dangermouse

Re: Utrogestan and cramping
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 09:28:59 AM »

I get this with the progesterone cream when changing dose and I think it's because it pushes out oestrogen into the bowels and the pace is sometime too fast for my bowel transit.

Can be like food poisoning cramps with diarrhoea sometimes but feel much better after.

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 09:34:30 AM »

No this is the cramping caused by the effect Utro has on the lining of the endomemtrium I would imagine... :-\

Mbrown001

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »

Yes I did. I used it vaginally and it gave me the most awful cramps and then a horrendous bleed.
It also made my bladder ache.

I know it's supposed to be the gold standard of progesterones but it just didn't suit me at all. After two months of experimenting I scuttled back to Evorel Conti patches and have stayed with them since.

Just shows that we are all very different and what suits one can be a disaster for another.

I had read so much about it on the forum years ago and thought I would try. For me it was a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I hope you find something that suits you. Fortunately there are quite a lot of choices so you don't have to be stuck on something that causes you pain and discomfort.

Mrs Brown

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 11:25:28 AM »

Hi Cassie

It doesn't do this for me - like you I take it long cycle so when I start taking I feel sensations in the pelvic area - and I presume this is due to the structural changes going on caused by the progesterone - changing the lining to secretory - but never cramps until just before the bleed starts. eg two nights ago I dropped to 100 mg for one night, last night nothing - and feel nothing today yet - no bleed, no cramps - but hopefully tomorrow. Still awful tiredness though so hoping to regain energy once the prog has gone! Maybe it depends how thick the lining is and how heavy your bleeds usually are? Perhaps the lining is ready to shed? Sometimes towards the end of my two month long cycle I get a but of a dragging feeling in pelvic area (no pain though) as if the lining is getting too thick - but I think it's due to the general age-related laxity of muscles now due to prolonged less than optimal oestrogen levels ( despite being on HRT).

Hurdity  x

nigela

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 09:28:12 AM »

I’m getting bad cramping again using utrogesten vaginally. Just hoping bleeding doesn’t start again. I’m on continuous. I dropped to oestrogen gel one pump from two to try to help. GP says to stop completely for 6 weeks if bleeding starts again so hope it doesn’t. I’d been ok for 8 months. I’m thinking maybe sequi would be better Eve. Though

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2022, 03:57:59 PM »

I’ve had dreadful cramping on Utro for 5-6 days now along with bleeding & bloating so can sympathise entirely! I didn’t realise it could be the Utro causing this…I’ve been worried I’ve got fibroids so perhaps not!

Emm225

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2022, 02:25:59 PM »

Glad to read this as it shows I am not alone...didn't realise utro could cause this...I have been getting cramps too and was worried.  Had scans and hysterosocpy but all ok.  I am on continual estrodtot, utrogeston and twice a week utro