Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: less urine output  (Read 1261 times)

jessieblue

less urine output
« on: June 09, 2022, 01:37:27 PM »

Hello ladies.  I will start by saying I have terrible health anxiety and I tend to obsess about my bodily functions more than I should.  I have a history of bladder infections and irritation and I think vaginal atrophy etc.  I am mostly ok.  I get some pressure and feeling of needing to go constantly and can be prone to UTIs.  I take 10mg amitriptyline daily and this helps with my sleep anxiety and bladder irritation.  A week ago I raised the dose to 15mg and a few days later experienced some constipation.  Not sure if it was related.  Today I noticed my urine output has been less than usual.  I just dont need to go much and when I do the stream is a little weak.  This has got me worrying that I have some retention or maybe the start of an infection.  I have no pain or burning or discomfort at all.  Do you think the increase in amitriptyline might have caused this?  I am getting myself in a right old flap about it.

Taz2

Re: less urine output
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 05:12:26 PM »

Hi jessieblue. I was taking amitriptyline for fibromyalgia but had to stop due to a decrease in urine output so, yes, it could be the increase in amitriptyline. It used to mention this in the info leaflet. Not sure if it still does?

Taz x

Marchlove

Re: less urine output
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 08:07:00 PM »

Yes this happened to me with amitriptyline. Reduce the dose down very very slowly.

Bladder infections usually cause more urine output not less. If you’re  worried about an infection though you should get at test done just for reassurance.

Are you on Hrt? Do you take Vagifem or anything else for vaginal atrophy?

Try not to worry, most of us on MM have had these issues. Have you looked at the thread on here called ‘Burning Club’?

Big hug xx