Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: on Hrt & Progesterone but period all but stopped  (Read 998 times)

Molly

on Hrt & Progesterone but period all but stopped
« on: June 03, 2022, 09:53:37 PM »

Hi folks,

Anyone shed some light on this please. I am on oestragel 2 pumps daily and utrogestan 100 from day 12-26 bur as off the last 2 months, no period just bare spotting? what does this mean?

joziel

Re: on Hrt & Progesterone but period all but stopped
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 11:21:16 PM »

It usually means you’re ready to move to a continuous HRT regime. Check with your doctor but it’s an easy switch.

Grumpymum

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 11:32:19 AM »

Sounds like me too. I would be interested in replies.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 11:54:10 AM »

Utro is either doing it'sjjob too well or not well enough. Eithrr your lining hasn't built up enough for a proper bleed or the utro isn't initiating the withdrawal bleed. Now I'm v late meno I only bleed about 1 in 3 or 4 cycles (6wk sequi cycle, 4 pumps gel 200mg x 12 days utro). I asked for a scan because I was worried about it which showed lining of 6.7 after 7/8 weeks without a bleed (timed for the end of the bleed only it didn't happen). So *probably* yours is insufficient build up but without a scan you can't be certain. You could try 200mg next cycle and see if makes a difference. I only tried one cycle of 100mg and didn't bleed so reverted to 200mg but it doesn't prove much as I often don't bleed on 200mg either.

joziel

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 02:33:46 PM »

You can just move to a continuous cycle.

Continuous progesterone provides better protection of the uterus than sequential (according to Dr Louise Newson) and there's no reason not to move - the worst possible thing that can happen, is you get some breakthrough bleeding happening and you switch back to sequential if you want.

Louise Newson recommends women being on sequential for the first 6-12 months and then trying a move to continuous.

Clarella

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 08:43:55 PM »

I’ve had the same scenario though do get a slight bleed, often a week + after I’ve stopped utrogestan.

I’m considering continuous as it was mentioned by my Gp and Joziel talked it through with me recently  :)

Alternatively I have considered whether raising oestrogen patch and continuing cyclical rather than moving sequential might be a different option? However  I’ve clear symptoms of low oestrogen though and low blood test. This may only be an idea if you think you need to go up.

(??!?