Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vagifem and estriol side effects?  (Read 1626 times)

Scorpio700

• First Flush
Vagifem and estriol side effects?
« on: May 31, 2022, 01:28:00 PM »

Hi…I’ve been using vagifem for the nightly two week period and am now on the twice per week at night stage (3rd/4th week). With estriol vaginal cream nightly.

Just wondering if anyone using these is having or had any slight side effects after starting these?…now 3  weeks or so into treatment things vaginally have improved considerably.  This last week I have noticed a  low down pelvic ache, very slightly like a period pain, although not had periods for 10 years now.

Has anyone else had any side effects like this and if so did you stop either of the treatments or carry on and it got better?  I think it might be the estriol cream as I started this a week later than the vagifem.

Any experiences of this I would be grateful to hear of your experiences. Thank you…

jaypo

Re: Vagifem and estriol side effects?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 05:22:27 PM »

Yes, I did too after the two week load,back ache etc,low down frontal ache,I came off it then tried again three weeks later and was ok the second for some reason,may ask your dr,it's such a small amount of oestrogen you wouldn't think it would affect you that much but it certainly did me

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 09:19:41 AM »

I had this for a couple of weeks then it settled, never had it since and been on Vagifem and Ovestin for 6 years now. My breasts hurt for a few weeks too at the beginning.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 09:32:52 AM »

MayB reduce to every 4th night for a week?  Spread it out to see if symptoms ease?  Some require 'sylc' or 'yes' products as moisturisers.  When I restarted after a gap of 8 months, I had period-like pains which eased after a few days.

Note to self: ! ?

C.C.

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 12:18:49 PM »

I'm on Premarin (2x per week) which is similar to Vagifem. I asked my gyn at the beginning if I would feel any side effects and if it was safe to use for someone with a strong family history of BC.  He told me the hormone is not absorbed into the bloodstream so it shouldn't cause any side effects. I didn't feel any and I've been on it for over a year.