Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Appendicitis looming?  (Read 1592 times)

Pennyfarthing

Appendicitis looming?
« on: June 03, 2022, 02:54:00 PM »

Since last night I have been getting a weird sensation in my lower right tummy.  If I press on it it hurts otherwise it just feels like a bubble or something in there.  My son had a ruptured appendix a few years ago and was really ill and then had to have further surgery to clean him out properly a month later.

Thing is we are due to go away on hols abroad next Friday and I am worried and very anxious now that something might happen. My niece went to Cyprus and her appendix had to be removed. 

No chance of seeing GP and I can’t call it an emergency or I would go to A and E. 

What would be the best thing to do? 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Appendicitis looming?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 03:51:46 PM »

Go to A&E! Pronto!  If you weren't going on holiday I would suggest that you wait.  Mine grumbled for over 20 years, DH would push my belly gently and it would 'burp' inside.  Then I kind of knew that something wasn't 'right'.  Ended up on a drip for 3 days B4 it 'went'.  I was told that it would be removed via keyhole surgery: reckon that they used the Key to Westminster Abbey  ;D

The older we get the harder it is to diagnose and you don't want to be in acute pain, with associated vomiting and diarhhoe.  (sp).  If you go to A&E at least your records will be there, if they should send you home which they did with me.  Twice  ::)

I thought that appendicitis was acute, bend over the belly pain.  Mine wasn't!

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 03:52:20 PM »

Oh and make sure that your Travel Insurance covers surgical intervention, associated scans/medicaton/stitiches and if necessary, a flight home !

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 11:46:46 AM »

How R U?